What have people done with the now display block functionality?

TheGT

Chief Janitorial, Second Legion, Fourth Squadron
    Reaction score
    I'm sure we've all played around with it a little bit after this recent update. What have you made? Status screens, movie theaters, the entirety of star wars done in asciimation STAR WARS ASCIIMATION - Main Page?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I haven't seen too much done with this, but to be fair I haven't looked far. I bet Saber could have some fun with the new functionality, though! *cough*Animated coins*cough*

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Oh man this new functionality will be INCREDIBLE! xD I can make my capital ship with its very own cinema! XD

Reaction score
    I tell you want I haven't done.....
    I work out why the sensor block working in the login that i build it and then 1 out of 4 identical circuits just stops working after i logout and log back in and this is in single player ffs. Makes me want to not even try anything new because its bugged and a waste of time.

<tops off everybody's salt shaker>

Well I have a jump drive display that displayed the currently selected jumpdrive. ie 'Jumpdrive 1 charging'
    And 'Forward Port Turret is taking damage' and 'Power low. Weapons offline'

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    personally, I'm waiting for ToasterBorst to make the tier 3 demo platform with his wacky wizardry.

it would b̧̠̝̥̼̑͛ͅe̟̼͕͉̠̜͕̿ͫͣ̽͌ͧ́ ͍͍͑ͪ̃͋n͇̜̻̥̘î̵̖̙̫̭͕̍̔ͭc̿ͤ̑̀ͣ҉̠̲̼ê͇̰̲͖̚͝ ̳͓͙̮͚̩̙ͧt̺̺͔̥͙͔͖͂̑̃͟o͞ ̻̬͌̇̈̅ͦͅh͍̯͍ͯ͑ͨ̈͡a̭̔͂̓v̟̖̳̫̑̒̓̌e̗̪̟̼͟ ̳̙̰̟s̉̎̽ͨ̒҉̞̲̪ò̼̣͓͎̣͎̥͆̚͡m̦̘͓̯̳̫̫̑̿ͫȩ̮̻̳̫̣͓ͬ̒ͤ͐̓ ̦̩͇͐̈̽͘c̽̈́̅ͥ҉̩ȍ͔͙͕͇̰̜̪ͣ̅o̞͙̩l̰͔͓͂ͩ̌̏̚ ͉̠͍̂"ļ̺̌̏ͭ̅̂̓̂ǫ͚͙͕͈͚̩̃a͚̺̱̅ͦ͗̓͊͒d̛̙͙̳̲̖ͦͮ́͛̿ͭ͒i̦̜͈͕͖̝͓ͬͤ͛̊̒̇̀̚n͚̤͎̳̫͎̮ͫ̄̿͒g̝̺̲͉̫̃̅͊̎͌̎ͣ"̩̗̭͕̖̟ͯͧͦ͢ͅ ̖͖͙̗̬͇ͤ̎̾a̠̬͈̻̯ͣͫ͌̉n̤͑ͭ͌̅̄ḭ̣͚̩̩̺̓̓m͋ͤͭ̆ͮ҉a͝ͅt͔̍̈̒ͥ͋i͍̮̜͓̒o̮͊ͤͬͥn̠̫͚̅ͬ̌ͦ̅̎ͤ͡s̛̼͉̜̗ͩ͂̒ͪ̿̆ͧ ̛͉̉̓̀̏̇ͥf̹̼͍ͭo͙̥̳ͯ̂͛ͧ̑r̓̎ͤͪ͑̌҉̪/͂ó͍̈́ͧ̈́ͬͤͫͅn̻̮̮͊̋ͧ̎ͅ ̛s̷̙̝̲̜̠̯̄͆̾c̭̺̭̣̤ͧ̈́ͩrͨͯ̆͂̇̅̕ḛ͖̝̯̩̞̊̋ͯê̘̇ͬ͠n̤̖̮̟͈̙̯̕s̳̹͎ͦ͐͛̂ͩ̈.͙͓̀ͥ̑ͯ̋̓ etc. something fancier than / -- \ |

I tell you want I haven't done.....
    I work out why the sensor block working in the login that i build it and then 1 out of 4 identical circuits just stops working after i logout and log back in and this is in single player ffs. Makes me want to not even try anything new because its bugged and a waste of time.
    your logic threads are probably crashing. try running a "dedicated server" ->locking it onto specific cores ->load client second time ->lock out from those cores and connect to "localhost:4242"

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    For those uninformed, what new functionalities were added?
    A randomizer block that has a 50% chance to change its state every time the input signal changes.
    A sensor block that can detect things like the percentage of power remaining on a ship.

Back on topic I've used it to make a display that tells the bridge when the airlock is cycled.

Reaction score
    I thankyou sir for your knowledge, I never knew logic threads could crash. You have saved me from rage quiting the game for a little while at least