What happens now that the station contest submissions are over?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Where do we vote? Or are they reviewing each station first to make sure it doesn't violate any rules?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It has been stated that they would cumulate all the entries into one thread. My guess is that that's what the mods are doing right now.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    first they will look them in detail in-game,eliminate any station that violated rules.. then post stations that followed the rules on forums for us to vote

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    it does beg the question. If we upload a update to our entries will that violate any rules or would they just accept the version we initially submitted?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    it does beg the question. If we upload a update to our entries will that violate any rules or would they just accept the version we initially submitted?
    that would mean downloading that station again,and checking it again in-game
    so noup,no future updates will count

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    that would mean downloading that station again,and checking it again in-game
    so noup,no future updates will count
    then does that mean that the winners can't have updated version of their stations added in future updates?

Reaction score
    I'd assume they stations will be ready to vote on by friday. That updating submitted stations during the contest is a no, and that if the devs decide to select a station then updating/revising said station would fall into an agreement between the devs and said author of the station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can't wait to look at all the accepted stations to vote on :D (i was too lazy to go through all the pages on the contest thread, but they looked amazing)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The biggest downer now is that the new coloured glass and light pole update came out pretty close to the submission deadline..
    That means not many people would have included these sweet looking deco blocks in their stations.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The biggest downer now is that the new coloured glass and light pole update came out pretty close to the submission deadline..
    That means not many people would have included these sweet looking deco blocks in their stations.
    That doesn't matter, stations can and most likely will be modified as updates come out.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm still catching up on reading the contest thread, but since it is locked now I'd like to post here to say thanks and "great job!" to all who made the effort. There's a lot of awesome work in there, creativity overload!

I'm also a little sad because I'm just going to have to finally move out of my painstakingly manicured generated station. (For all the time it feels like it took to dress it up, it is nothing compared to any of the contest entries.) Unless I can't decide which one to choose, then it could be safe... for a while... but the view... argh...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I meant that if FTL is (also) station/planet based, people will want to make warp gates on their stations.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Still can't edit, and the voting hasn't begun... Am I missing something? Or is it just a lot of work to check which stations are in the contest?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Still can't edit, and the voting hasn't begun... Am I missing something? Or is it just a lot of work to check which stations are in the contest?
    There are a lot of submissions, and they need to load them up in game and review all of them to make sure they follow the rules. It'll probably take a little while.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok. I guess it doesn't really matter when we get to vote, as long get to vote.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I got my Thunderdome invitation in the mail. 82 stations enter. Only 15 leave.