What happened to planet atmosphere?

Reaction score
    I remember when you used to land on a planet and looking up, instead of seeing space, you would see the sky of the planet you were on. I dunno if I just haven't found the right planet or what, but I haven't seen this in a long time, and am not sure if it dissapeared with the appearance of the new planets, and I would love to see it's return, as well as more planet features so it'd be more worthwhile to live on them instead of just blowing them up and then mining them.

Reaction score
    as far as I can tell, atmospheres are still there. They might have gotten turned off by default in advanced settings?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Check your atmospheric shader setting, maybe its off

the latest version, apparently finally fixed planet atmosphere ranges but theres a bug that made them just all white rather then just extending it further. Its been fixed in the dev builds from what i heard and it looks amazing

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I look up on a planet and the sky is note book paper...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would love to see clouds one day in SM :p

Check your atmospheric shader setting, maybe its off

the latest version, apparently finally fixed planet atmosphere ranges but theres a bug that made them just all white rather then just extending it further. Its been fixed in the dev builds from what i heard and it looks amazing
    It's fixed but don't looks cool. Just like one big circle at sky around star :/

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It's fixed but don't looks cool. Just like one big circle at sky around star :/
    Yeah, at least for me it's kind of screwed up again in the latest build. It doesn't really cover the entire sky any more...