What Graphics Card do I need for Starmade?

Reaction score
    Should be playable. The game is free so you can just download and try it out, see what settings work, etc.

Reaction score
    Something as low as a GT 610 should run the game at 60 FPS fine. I have a GTX 770 and run it at 500-600 FPS but your card should run it at around 30-40 FPS fine.

Reaction score
    The graphics chip is an integrated one (the nForce series) that comes with AMD motherboards. I have one in my own (7025 / 630), but I have never ran it before by itself.

I found the benchmark results on Passmark.

For comparison my full graphics card (ATi Radeon HD 6870) has a score of 2,565 and gives me 90FPS, but you should still try out the game for yourself due to it being free.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    does a intel 40 series chipset family work with this game

because when i launch the game it says i need a opengl graphics card but i do.

can you please help me

Reaction score
    But that makes no sense... why would an AMD board come with a compeditors chip soldered to it? nForce and GeForce are Nvidia products, usually paired with intel based boards/CPUs.

Either way, that graphics chip is based on sole old old tech. Rest of the computer unknown, it should be playable, but how well is questionable. The game is more CPU heavy.

Reaction score
    So far every source I have found says that nForce is an integrated graphics chip made for AMD Athlon and Duron series CPU architectures.

I recall in recent memory that a lot of intel CPUs had the specification \"Intel HD Graphics\", so I have to assume that each intel processor contains onboard integrated graphics.

Since NVIDIA doesn\'t make desktop processors I assume they would make an integrated graphics chipset for their competitor\'s board to get a cut of the profits.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Thread is 7 months old, please don\'t necrobump.