What does everyone think?

Reaction score
    Pulsars are utter trash. So much potential too...asteroid football anyone?

Powerdrain beams need doing too, such as the ability for turrets to use them. We need more technical ship functions in the game at some point, I guess maybe the powerdrain beam combined with mine could make an EMP mine. Also, what if the astrobeam had an AOE? that would made the weapon much more useful? You could even tune it like you do missiles/cannon, bigger AOE or stronger beam.

I should move these to the suggestions forum...

Reaction score
    Pulsars are utter trash. So much potential too...asteroid football anyone?

Powerdrain beams need doing too, such as the ability for turrets to use them. We need more technical ship functions in the game at some point, I guess maybe the powerdrain beam combined with mine could make an EMP mine. Also, what if the astrobeam had an AOE? that would made the weapon much more useful? You could even tune it like you do missiles/cannon, bigger AOE or stronger beam.

I should move these to the suggestions forum...
    I had a similar kind of idea. To implement slave-only systems:

I think this would make AstroTechnician/Powerdrain/Powersupply perfectly fit in the planned weapon system
    (even though some combinations are kinda awkward like the Repairing missile or the power supply cannon :confused:...).

Edit: made a mistake at the Cannon/Powerdrain field... Its meant to be EMP-Cannon.

Last edited:

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I had a similar kind of idea. To implement slave-only systems:

I think this would make AstroTechnician/Powerdrain/Powersupply perfectly fit in the planned weapon system
    (even though some combinations are kinda awkward like the Repairing missile or the power supply cannon :confused:...).

Edit: made a mistake at the Cannon/Powerdrain field... Its meant to be EMP-Cannon.
    Hm. Supply weapons would be interesting.
    AstroTech: "Nanite Cannon, Nanite Missile, LRPRB, Tech Pulse, Nanite Mine"
    Powersupply: "Energy Pulse, Generator Missile, LRSB, Supply Pulse, Power Pickup"

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Did you mean EMP missile or EMP cannon in the first column? :p

I would like anti-shield cannons (with power-drainers)

We should call the repair missile Nanite-missile, which makes sense. These nanites would do damage to a ship's hull if they are supplied with power :D or repair an allied ship.

Reaction score
    Astrotechnobeams aren't the most underused. They are needed for repairing cores after reclaiming a defeated ship or repairing plex storage with stuff in it. Any other time, utterly useless.
    Pulsators at least sort of have uses for pushing away astronauts or disabling fighters. The big problem with them is their terrible range.

Power supply beams are utterly useless and will be more useless when the last exploit involving docked power generators is taken out. They won't really be useful again until AI gets to where turrets can supply power to nearby friendly ships.
    Power drain beams are also pretty useless, unless you happen to know someone who puts their power storage or generators on the outside of their ships.

I like the idea of incorporating the less-used weapon systems into the weapon table, but I suspect that certain ones (supply beams in particular) would still be useless even then.

Reactions: aceface