What do u think about SM direction

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    All this stuff with fleets that will be able to mine and fight for you. Possible food for crew.
    Will Starmade be first person RTS?

Reaction score
    Needs stuff to keep us "alpha testers" busy, otherwise we will all burn out from building giant titans!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Needs stuff to keep us "alpha testers" busy, otherwise we will all burn out from building giant titans!
    What's I'm more worried about: will servers be able to hold all these fleets?

Reaction score
    I am a bit afraid that online survival gameplay will suffer from this. What if a clan just mass produces attack drones and sends fleet after fleet to homebases all around the galaxy without any effort whatsoever ? I am confident that the dev team knows what they are doing but still I have to wonder how strong automated AI war campaigns will be.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am a bit afraid that online survival gameplay will suffer from this. What if a clan just mass produces attack drones and sends fleet after fleet to homebases all around the galaxy without any effort whatsoever ? I am confident that the dev team knows what they are doing but still I have to wonder how strong automated AI war campaigns will be.
    I guess it will be much less about survival. It was never be survival game (saddly, because it would be fun to be pair of survivors) I hope that game will somehow support survival gameplay style later.
    Regarding one faction spamming other bases - it would be possible only if other factions would be all-together weaker than this clan.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Most of the offline/passive fights are intended to be done in a way that won't affect player bound sectors.

As for big factions massing tons of drones. I'm sure someone will do it. It would then be time for alliances and trading. No one likes a bully, but a fun fight is some thing of a dream.

If they build drones you just find a way to disable and beat them also. Starmade will be unique in the fact that you can build your own chess piece for the board.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1456238543,1456238503][/DOUBLEPOST]To actually answer your question though. I love this direction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I'm intrigued by the direction. I always wanted to try a multi-paradigm game where one player treats it like an RTS, another treats it like a fighter simulator, another treats it like a capital ship battle, another treats it like an FPS...fleets are one element working towards a game like this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I actually look forward to this new implementation. I'm not at all concerned about waves of drones attacking my homebase, it'll give my turrets something to do and keep them from getting bored.

Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey
    Reaction score
    I'm looking forward to the things after the flett update more to be honest, like more robust NPC factions and a more interesting universe.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Looking forward to the fleets also.

Wondering if, as some fleets will fight out of sight, when we travel in our ship will we stumble upon wrecks of past space battles ? That would be nice !