What are your memory settings?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    By default the memory cap seems to be a one gig. After regenerating my universe last night, I ran into a pack a pirates and high-tailed to back to the only store I knew of at 2,2,2. Since the Pirates decided to hang out there, I added cloaking to my ship and started off on my search for a new store and starting position. :D

Yep, unfortunately none of those dots are asteroids. :D

As I was tooling around the universe looking for a new shop, I didn't realize how much content I was generating in the game. I probably dropped by three or four star systems before getting a message popping up that I needed to increase my memory allotment. I dropped out of Starmade and increased it to 2 gigs.

... Well, now I'm up to 4 gigs and I still haven't found that new shop yet. :P I might have to go into the manufacturing business earlier than I anticipated! I have 12 gigs in my system, but I'm just curious - at what point should I stop looking around? :P What memory settings are others using?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Set a waypoint for 4,4,-2 and travel to it. I found six shops in that system.

Reaction score
    This is not about finding shops but about memory settings

Also, the universe is randomly generated. Maybe in yours there are 4 shops, but in another there are no shops 4 sectors around it