What are the class's of ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    iv noticed that a lot of people use names like cruiser or friggit to describe their ships.

can someone give me like a list or something?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A Nameless Guide for Ship Classifications.

Light Weight

• Fast Attack Craft (Hera-Class): 50 - 100 mass
    • Corvette (Demeter-Class): 100.1 - 250 mass
    • Frigate (Ares-Class): 250.1 - 600 mass
    • Destroyer (Apollo-Class): 600.1 - 750.1 mass

Medium Weight

• Cruiser (Aphrodite-Class): 750.1 - 1,500 mass
    • Pocket Battleship (Hermes-Class): 1,500.1 - 3,000 mass
    • Battlecruiser (Artemis-Class): 3,000.1 - 5,000 mass
    • Carrier (Athena-Class): 5,000 - 7,500 mass

Heavy Weight

• Battleship (Hades-Class): 7,500.1 - 25,000 mass
    • Dreadnought (Poseidon-Class): 25,000.1 - 100,000 mass
    • Titan (Zeus-Class): 100,000.1 - 500,000 mass
    • Planetoid (Kronos-Class): 500,000.1 and beyond

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like it if build mode told you what class your ship is in based on some official scale chart.... not to limit how you can build your ship or anything just, something to give you an idea how big you\'re building it.

While I was flying around in what I thought was a cruiser, someone told me it was barely bigger than a fighter.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are a couple of classifications out there. I like Nameless\'s the best personally. Its just prefrence which one you compare your ship with.

Reaction score
    I don\'t like the ones that exist that much because when they base off mass and not dimensions you get 400m long titans.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Bhahahahahahaha! 400m long is not a titan!

Imperialdonuts new classification method is the best so far, and is extremely reliable.

http://star-made.org/content/dmscs-unofficial-modular-ship-classification-system-new

Reaction score
    I use this classification system, as i find it the most simple and reliable.

http://starmade.wikia.com/wiki/Ship_Classification

Reaction score
    The Adimo Ship-Builder Standard is based on the ship dimensions, and not the weight. This decision was made because a large cruiser with lot\'s of empty hangar spaces could be misjudged by it\'s mass. Mass is considered, particularily to judge whether a ship would be \'light\', standard or \'heavy\', although once again the dimensions of the ship also play in this part.

- 0-35: Fighter

- 36-99: Corvette

- 100-199 Frigate

- 200-299 Light cruiser

- 300-499 Cruiser

- 500-600 Heavy Cruiser

-600-799 Dreadnought/Flagship

-800< Titan

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    And then there\'s the Vorshoth Classification System, thus far kept secret until now, based on the design style. It is

1. Teeny Weenie : Core plus a handful of systems, generally no design aesthetic, is pretty much just a escape pod at best, a heap of accumulated junk at the worst
    2. Walk-On-Functional-Fighter/Miner/Healer/Etc: There is one room on the highly compact ship, with most of its systems built towards one feature
    3. Lounger Fighter/Miner/Healer/Etc: Multiple rooms, and maybe even colour\'s been added. These kinds of ships tend to have lighting, and possibly even cockpits to see beyond the core.
    4. The Megaship: This is any ship that requires you to move to see its entire length. This is the sort of ship that Crusade might make because he/she is a nutter (in the best possibly way). They\'re big, and often hollow for a long time whilst being built, and generally look fancy
    5. The SectorSlayer: This is what the Megaship wants to be when it hits puberty. These are the ships so big and complex, they crash the computers of lesser players.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    And countless private systems people made themselves out of thin air (or sci-fi vacuum).

Look at them over here - also with my reworked system to average out all systems. But hey, it\'s still only a guideline, not a concrete bona fide system.

http://star-made.org/content/compilation-ship-classifications-date