Wepon design?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    I never understood how the new wepon system worked, I always used long beams of wepons but They seem like I need A LOT of beams and LONG beams to be able to punch easly thoru a greatly armored ship. Is there a "good" desgin for wepons? I never understood the system when it updated, and I still don't get it...So what is the best wepon design?

Reaction score
    as far as I can tell there is no difference between a 5x5x5 bock of weapon modules when compared to a 125 deep line. new system seems to only take amount of modules connected into account.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    as far as I can tell there is no difference between a 5x5x5 bock of weapon modules when compared to a 125 deep line. new system seems to only take amount of modules connected into account.
    From what I know you can combine 2 computers is that right? If so is there a spreasheet for it?

Reaction score
    yea linking weapon computers together seems to have taken over the role that lines vs blocks used to have in determining base weapon behaviour

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yep the wiki is helpful up to the point you run into outdated info but most of it should be up to date. As for a particular design setup it depends on what you are up to. Checkerboards are a good way of making damage hit wider areas while back to back outputs are good for focusing damage into a single point. Combining the two is tricky though and causes ships and turrets to balloon to crazy sizes but int theory it allows one to both hit the same area several times in a row and also hit a wide area at the same time.