Well, this was a cool bug (odd occurance during lag-fest).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Long story short, during an incident of high lag (some issue elsewhere on the server I presume), my client glitched such that I was controlling one docked item from the ship core of a different one. While it wasn't a huge ship with a ton of docks, I figured it would be on the safe side to just remove and destroy the things since they are mostly for appearance (at least until something like this bug becomes an actual feature), and servers tend to get annoyed by having too many docked things on something after a while.

Specifically, I was controlling my turrets from the viewpoint of a fighter docked on the ship behind them. While I missed the chance to screenshot it, there was a point where both the turrets were moving in accord to the aiming as well as (at least client-side) being able to fire.

Interesting to note. The top of the screen where the vessel name is indicates I am in the turret, while the action bar (and of course the viewpoint) indicates I am in the docked fighter (the turret does not have missiles).

But yeah, an odd bug. I only really decided to come mention it because something like it WOULD be cool as a feature. I don't have a clue as to how one would replicate it, but the conditions were basically lag to the point of server not responding for 20-40 seconds, but still doing so enough that it resets that count before it goes higher. And during such a condition, trying to up/down arrow between the main ship and the docked items, which were two turrets, two small fighters, and an even smaller shuttle of sorts. So if it can be replicated, that would be some of the conditions.