Weird and Potentially useful tool, weapons, and defences

Reaction score
    Hello everyone who choises to read further this is Roselina also somtimes called the black rose by myself. Here im gonna post in as much detail as i can weapons, tools, and defences I feel could help liven up Starmade in new and inventive ways. So without further ado ill introduce some concepts.

Defences:

Flares

Now flares would be designed for small fighter craft to help them dodge heat seeking or locked on missled fired from missle boats who have made them much faster then normal. They would gain a grouping bonus changing depending on the shape you made the array. A longer array would increase the duration and speed of the projectile. A wider or taller array would increase the attraction radius of the projectile. most would ask why dedicate space to smething you can fill with sheild or engines. To me i would like more variety to my defences so it snot just stack sheild or speed but be able to be tactical especially if misssles become more of a threat.

Chaff/EMP Burst

This little beauty would be designed to help counteract the turrets accuracy and assst in evading lock ons. It would provide a small burst breaking any locks and making you invisible to turrets for a short time. Its duration changes based on the grouping but it also takes a fair amount of power at 5k power for ships 1k mass or lower and 1k extra power for each 100 mass beyond it making it not very viable for large ships since it can eat through already strained power reserves. I can already hear the comments of how overpowered it would be on ships who can regen large amounts in seconds but the mass also determins its cooldown timer so small ships under 200 mass would have like a 4 second cooldown and it would increase by 1 second for ever 100 mass higher then 200 so a 10k mass ship would have a 102 second cooldown balancing it as by the time it refreshed the battle may be over already.

Sheild Transfer beam:

This is designed to have big ships with plenty of sheilds able to support smaller less sheilded craft by lending its power. The grouping would change the max sheild transfered and the distance it can be transfered too. The way it would work is this, when the beam hits a friendly target a portion of the gifters shield capacity would be transfered to the target increasing there by the same amount as long as the beam is aimed at there ship. If placed on an AI controled turret and was able to set it to target friendly ships you could make fighters that have minimum shields but maximum firepower while there capital ship does all the shielding. the downside is it saps the large ships capacity making it weaker to attacks. The trade off of course is having stronger fighters with decent shields to defend the weakend ship.

Spaced Armor:

Its designed to add a tough layer of armor without adding a ton of weight by using distribution mechanics instead of simple brute force. Each peice seperates the impact to all the other spaced armor around it up to a cap with diminshed results at larger conentrations. It would favor placing smaller more frequent groupings on a ship that can better devide the impact rather then coat it in it. Since it would have about 60% the mass of hardened plate it would be a viable option for smaller ships favoring speed but its build cost would be higher reducing supply and when peices are missing its effectiveness is reduced making it a good first line defence but has low sustainability.

Weapons:

Black Hole Bomb:

Its designed to create a gravety well to draw ships in and cause a bit of sheering force to there armor ignoring shields. It grouping changed the strength of the sheer and range of the gravety having a minimum of 50m radius circle increasing by 1m ever additional 3 blocks placed making it very space depentant but when used properly can be used to cause catestrophic damage to staitonary targets or make a hazard for fighters to have to avoid. The reload would also increase proprotinally to the number of blocks initially having a 20 second cooldown with only oen block and adding 1 second each additional block reducing the overpowered-ness large arrays could have if placed togehter.

Radar Scrambler:

Its designed to act as a annoyance weapons jamming the radar of ships and removing the indicators relying more on physical view. The grouping would change the duration and reload timers. The aim is to give more freedom to smaller crafts by jamming the enemy turrets that could just shoot them down when they got close. However since it does take a lot of space to make one that lasts for a long time they would mainly be used to initiate the attack to help get into position or to act as a way to disengage and regroup.

Tools:

Repair Drone Bay:

Its designed to help ships, mostly larget capital ships, recover after a battle. Each block would send out a tiny drone that would follow along the connected hull placing blocks int he mising spaces. They would work off the blueprints in game trying to maintin the ship at that point the best they can. Each array would have an inventory box you can place the repair materials in such as platng, shield blocks, engines, weapons and more. The grouping woudlnt increase the number of them but instead increase there speed at moving and increase the small repair beam they would have to repair damaged yet still in place blocks.

Terraformer.

Its designed to help people who find a planet and wanna collonize it making it a base but find its not the type they like so they move on to find the right one. Its would work by changing the blocks in a small area around the impact sight into ones of your chosen typese ranging from the purple alien worlds to the grasy ones or even asteroid like ones. Its projectile is that of a missle with grouping increasing the splash range. The utility of altering a planet allows factions to find close planets and make them more suitable to there likes. There would be alo of flaws as it would be hard pressed to have accurate flora for each world instead changing them to the simple ones like mini cactus into large grass. It would not be able to be used on a single planet more the once after 90% of the blocks have been changed as it would then start losing blocks since your esentially damaging the climate by changing it to often.

Tractor Beams:

This may seem like a cliche one but theres been so many times ive personaly wished i had one so i could move turrets into place instead of getting into the ship and having to slap on some engines just to get it to were its going. Grouping would change the range of the beam. Speed would depend on your ships speed but too great a speeed and it might cause some damage to the tractored object suggestiing the beam is applying too much force to it. The utility of it as well as its combat potential of capturing fighters is great but its power demand would make it less lickly to break the game. The power drain would stat at 10k e/sec and move up by 5k for each 100 mass over the initial minimum of 50 mass, so larger objects drain more making it hard to freeze captial ships without a massive ship of your own to even attempt. It also cannot be used to remove turrets from there host or remove individual blocks with the exception being planets but the beam would only move a small 5x5x5 cube as if it were a ship. The implimentation on planetary bodys would be slowest and most complicated but ship manipulation is much easier in my opinion.

I will seek to correct mistakes i made, add suggestions people have for there won ideas and please keep them to ones outside the box of normal thinking while still playing to the world of starmade. Criticism is apreciated as long as its constrctive and simply not how bad an idea it is. If theres a problem with it suggest how to fix it and ill gladly change it.