Website Update - Forums

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Phenomenal, I can\'t wait. Great refining that is definetly a necessity for a community to grow further.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Contests will be site run, as winners will receive official contest badges. There will be of course other player run contests that won\'t be official.

I will put up a list of the full set of forum sections and subsections available to a user.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    What\'s with the streaming example pic? Are those purple salvage lasers?

Reaction score
    Are there any set in stone examples or ideas of badges that members could obtain in the near future? Maybe share ways to get them, etc? Curious ^_^

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Undecided as of now, as we want to get the badge system nailed first. But things along the line of most downloaded content, amount of wiki articles basically anything that is contributing to the community. Official competitions will provide forum badges as well.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    it would be good if there was a server section similar to http://starmade-servers.com/ but made pretty by you and included in the all in one website of starmade

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'m thinking about that actually, still haven\'t decided on whether we will do it. In any case it will be a fairly basic system, not based on voting but average online players.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I do most my foruming on my iPhone, will the new site be any better for mobile device users?

Reaction score
    Added all the forum categories, suggestions would be great.

Well then. A Misc forum below StarMade Creations. This would be the place for StarMade related content, like software that isn\'t a mod but useful to StarMade players in another way. Also, I think the category should be renamed, because \"StarMade Creations\" does sound to me like \"stuff done with StarMade\" (like ships). May I suggest something like StarMade Modding?

And since I\'m not sure how this content hub is planned: We still need a place where we simply can exchange screenshots, without the need of uploading ships or something.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Will there be a notifications thingy like the globe on facebook? Because I find it very annoying having to check individual ships uploads/forum posts/news feeds if someone has commented on any of them or replied to any of my own comments.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Third Party Software can be supported as a subsection under modding, as for changing a category name they were chosen by agreements with testers. That will have to be discussed by them.

That\'s what the forum area is for, CC is downloadable content. Forums sections are for showing off ships and what not.