Website Update - Forums

Reaction score
    I really like this, you\'ve done a great job and I can\'t wait to try the new forums out.

But I couldn\'t find anything about having to title a comment, will this feature be gone? I hope so. Also, I\'ve heard an off-topic board be requested a few times, anything about that?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yes, titling a comment is a waste of time and space, as such this feature will not be carried over to the new forums. I proposed an off-topic area, and it was in the first versions of the forums but was voted out by forum testers.

Reaction score
    Can you give me format of database used by old site (for new one I suppose you are using either XenForo or vBulletin judging by look of it)? Perhaps I could write PHP script that could convert old posts to new site. I\'ve written many db converters like this, mainly for personal use (first one when I was transferring my site from php-fusion to Drupal, then from drupal to joomla and at the end from joomla to concrete5), so I have experience with that.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sure, I could convert posts from Drupal to XenForo fairly easy myself. The problem is, the scheme is incorrect and incompatible with the new system, the StarMade registry handles the database instead of the forums. It would do no good to convert them to XenForo, wedtm created the StarMade Registry and I\'ve been through the discussion and assigning the posts to the users would be impractical.

Wedtm could explain this more, as i\'ve forgotten most of what he has said. I\'m not too familiar with the system he has created myself.