Weapons VS Shields

Reaction score
    Currently you need a ridocolously small amount of AMC's to burn down 4m of shields within 15 seconds, and if you have made a huge ship you will realize how silly and pointless it actually is, as many others have suggested, reload should scale down the higher amount of AMC's and the damage should go up, and perhaps also add a piercing effect to not make AMC's crap if you have high amounts.

I've just recently made a huge ship, and have probably 15k AMCs stacked and 374k shield blocks, I can add way more shields easily but it feels useless as AMC's shouldnt scale this well and shields scale as crap compared, basically shields are extremely strong vs small ships and utter shit vs bigger ships with a relatively low numer of AMC's compared to how much shields you need.

Shield stacking should probably go unchanged as I feel it doesn't really take long to get trough a crapload of shields atm with a destroyer and it feels rather balanced.

If you have 1 AMC cannon block vs 100 shield blocks, you will struggle for a long time to get trough the shields, if you have 10 vs 1000, it will be a lot easier, and if you have 10 000 vs 1 000 000 you can burn trough his ONE million shield blocks within perhaps 45 seconds which is completely ridicolous, I don't really have any easy solution but AMC scaling should definetely be toned down to not make small ships weak but stop making big ships completely useless as they currently are.

TL;DR AMC scales way too hard and needs to be hit with the nerfbat when it gets to big numbers considering how truly useless shields are compared in big scales.

Reaction score
    An all new scale for AMC\'s much be made.

You can see how screwed up they are when you get in a small fighter and try to dog fight. Each shot fired by the smal ships travels with all the speed of a snail. Hitting your oponite is nearly impossible, and when you finally do... even if they only had 1 sheild block they have 750 more sheilds left... and oops .2 seconds went by now - its back to full.

There are holes in the weapon system, and the sheild buff on small ships was crazy. We should see fighters instantly loose sheilds from 1-2 shots of s simular class vessl

Reaction score
    How about this - buff small/single AMC arrays by increasing their fireing rate and projectile speed, then reverse the rate of fire by adding AMC blocks (so single AMC blocks have the lowest firepower, but fasted fireing speed). Then add a small amount of damage absorption to shields. This will have the effect of making small AMCs very effective against small ships, but also prevents big ships from spamming mini-AMC arrays and lagging the server, as the big ship will be far inferior vs. other big ships, as it\'s numerous small rounds will lose most the DPS being absorbed into shields.