Weapons tweak(s)

Reaction score
    The worst thing when you have a weapon with different types of weapons is that you can only fire one at a time. To fix that, I suggest being able to add "Weapons Control Computer", whos childs should all be controlled by.
    For example:
    I have one rocket lock-on rocket launcher overdrive, a swarm rocket launcher with EMP, a rapid-fire cannon with pull and a long-range cannon with overdrive. If I link the Weapons Control Computer to them, I should be able to see them separated in the weapons menu, as well as the weapons control computers separated. This way I could either shoot any one of them separated, or combined in any way I see fits. Also, I should be able to link cloack and radar jam to one computer. Or even link the weapons control computer to an activation block, to open-close doors, switch lights and so on...

Also, PLEASE, let us select an weapons computer by hitting C (or the custom key for that) in the weapons menu, as we would do on the block itself. It's a pain in the donkey (a.k.a. ass) to find the right computer using the left-right arrows, mostly if you have it linked to something else!

Edit: Since noone replied yet, let me add this:

Please make every non-decoration (except the camers) block much more weak agains attacks This way, one would have to add hull to protect it's ship. The more hull, the better protection, even if you have shields. Because, let's say, a energy generator or a salvage cannon would require 10 damage to be destroyed, while a hull (or other decoration, such as dirt, lava, ice, lights) would require at least 50 (which is a lot more). Or even have less shield protection on the systems' blocks than on the other blocks.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In addition to an all-at-once "control computer", I think something like a "system group computer" would be a great way to add fully customizable controls to the hotbar. Allow infinite depth. Allow slaved systems, including computers, to be given a custom name in the hotbar. (E.g. Tractor Beam, Primary Rail Cannon, ECM, Machine Gun, Left Dock Port, etc.)

Example:
    You build three system group computers. One has five or six weapon systems slaved to it. The second one has the jammer, jump drive, scanner, and maybe a cloaker slaved to it. The third one has your docking ports slaved to it. You then set up these three group computers on your "base" hotbar. Then when you select one of the computers, the current hotbar is replaced by a new hotbar, where the slaved systems show up, and the "core" button is replaced by a "back" button. And/or maybe a "root" button. You could even slave the first computer to the third computer, to create a shortcut from the docking hotbar back to the weapons hotbar.

Another example:
    Let's say you have a carrier with 64 docks on it. Let's say those are split up with 8 docks each, physically grouped between fore and aft, left and right, top and bottom, and center and side. You have a group computer and 8 control computers. Each of the 8 control computers has a group of 8 docks assigned to it. Then you slave all 8 of those control computers to the group computer and add that group computer to your root hotbar. Then when you select that computer in your hotbar, a new hotbar replaces it, with controls over all 8 of your 8-dock docking groups.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You can just use logic to activate more than one weapon at a time. And since the bug tracker apparently has feature requests for both the aim being locked and hotbar logic that were submitted by Calbiri, this suggestion isn't going to add anything.

Reaction score
    Well, naming it would be a pretty good choice, but I was saying the same thing. With a computer of that type you could slave anything, including other computers[DOUBLEPOST=1415301043,1415300842][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You can just use logic to activate more than one weapon at a time. And since the bug tracker apparently has feature requests for both the aim being locked and hotbar logic that were submitted by Calbiri, this suggestion isn't going to add anything.
    Really? And how do I aim, than? Or are the other weapons simply going to shoot straight, if they're not lock-on rockets?
    Last time I checked, you couldn't concentrate everything you've got on one single target... like 3 rocket computers, 2 cannons and a salvage beam all shooting at the same target, at the same time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really? And how do I aim, than? Or are the other weapons simply going to shoot straight, if they're not lock-on rockets?
    Last time I checked, you couldn't concentrate everything you've got on one single target... like 3 rocket computers, 2 cannons and a salvage beam all shooting at the same target, at the same time
    You're supposed to aim by aiming your ship at the target. The current aiming is most likely just going to be removed, leaving only right click (or maybe a very reduced version of left click).

Reaction score
    Hopefully not removed entirely... since the blocks can't be rotated 45 degrees, or a equivalent to the wedges...

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You're supposed to aim by aiming your ship at the target. The current aiming is most likely just going to be removed, leaving only right click (or maybe a very reduced version of left click).
    I hope we'll get a limited cone in which we can aim. Aiming the whole ship precisely will be difficult with very large/massive ships (slow turning) or very tiny ones (over-steering).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hope we'll get a limited cone in which we can aim. Aiming the whole ship precisely will be difficult with very large/massive ships (slow turning) or very tiny ones (over-steering).
    Are seriously that terrible at steering small ships? If I move my mouse slowly I can quite accurately aim. And you're really not supposed to be able to use massive ships to accurately shoot fast-firing cannons (just an example,mapplies to every other weapon type).

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are seriously that terrible at steering small ships? If I move my mouse slowly I can quite accurately aim. And you're really not supposed to be able to use massive ships to accurately shoot fast-firing cannons (just an example,mapplies to every other weapon type).
    Yes, personally, I am that terrible at steering. (Might be time for a new mouse.) In other cases, someone might oversteer on purpose (to jink out from a heavy turret's aim or some other extreme maneuvering), and want to fire away from where the nose is pointed.

So for massive ships.... They aren't supposed to use forward batteries in a real battle any more? They'll just be the mobile platform for turrets? Because if they can't maneuver quickly, and they can't fire in a cone other than straight, the main batteries will be no use in a real battle against smaller ships and larger ships might be flying fast enough in a perpendicular vector to pass through the firing line without being hit.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Please make every non-decoration (except the camers) block much more weak agains attacks This way, one would have to add hull to protect it's ship. The more hull, the better protection, even if you have shields. Because, let's say, a energy generator or a salvage cannon would require 10 damage to be destroyed, while a hull (or other decoration, such as dirt, lava, ice, lights) would require at least 50 (which is a lot more). Or even have less shield protection on the systems' blocks than on the other blocks.
    Systems blocks already have less HP than hull blocks. I think the standard is 25 with some being as low as 10hp

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    So for massive ships.... They aren't supposed to use forward batteries in a real battle any more? They'll just be the mobile platform for turrets? Because if they can't maneuver quickly, and they can't fire in a cone other than straight, the main batteries will be no use in a real battle against smaller ships and larger ships might be flying fast enough in a perpendicular vector to pass through the firing line without being hit.
    You're really not supposed to be able to shoot down fighters in a titan. Not in real life and definitely not in starmade.

Reaction score
    Systems blocks already have less HP than hull blocks. I think the standard is 25 with some being as low as 10hp
    Still, a hull block is supposed to be made entirely with that material, while the cannons are suposed to have circuits moving parts and other things which would be verry weak against any attack of any kind... so if the standard is 25 hp, make the hull block 100-150 hp at least. OR make so the shields are not protecting against 100% the damage, if the block attacked is a system block... something like 90% would be fair, because if someone sprays you rockets or makes it rain from the cannons, having that parts exposed would be a pretty damn big disadvantage.

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You're really not supposed to be able to shoot down fighters in a titan. Not in real life and definitely not in starmade.
    I agree, so I think the forward firing arc should be limited, leaving fighters in the rear to be addressed by turrets.

Your titan should be able to target individual areas on a target ship out in front of you without slooooooowly turning to face the different areas. When space games force me to turn my nose at what I'm shooting at, it takes me out of the universe and reminds me I'm playing a game. (I.e. They can invent shields and warp speed, but they can't put the gun on a gimbal? You kiddin' me?)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It's already like that... systems only have 25 HP, but hull has 50/100/200 depending on tier.

Reaction score
    It's already like that... systems only have 25 HP, but hull has 50/100/200 depending on tier.
    50 for the cheapest tier it's a bit not enough, if you ask me... double the non-systems values or make the systems have 10-15 HP and it would make much more sense.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    50 for the cheapest tier it's a bit not enough, if you ask me... double the non-systems values or make the systems have 10-15 HP and it would make much more sense.
    50 for the cheapest tier, yes, but that isn't meant to be used on battleships as the main hull. That is for civilian or otherwise unarmed vessels that don't go into combat.

Standard has 100HP and 25% Armor, and Hardened has 200 HP and 50% Armor. Hardened hull effectively has 400HP due to it's armor rating. This can be boosted even higher with hull hardening effects.

Reaction score
    Yet the other blocks used in decoration are not nearly as powerful as these ones... like the lights or the crystals...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yet the other blocks used in decoration are not nearly as powerful as these ones... like the lights or the crystals...
    That's because they're decorative. Lights and such should have as much armor and HP as standard (t2) hull, so people don't skip out on external lighting for more protective blocks, though. The current 10HP for a light block is ridiculous.

Reaction score
    That's because they're decorative. Lights and such should have as much armor and HP as standard (t2) hull, so people don't skip out on external lighting for more protective blocks, though. The current 10HP for a light block is ridiculous.
    Or make T2 and T3 versions of each decorative block...

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Or make T2 and T3 versions of each decorative block...
    That'd be a pointlessly huge amount of IDs to use up. A simple buff of the current ones would be fine.