Weapons Rotation/Firing Direction

Reaction score
    I've been seeing alot of people on the site, in live steam chat rooms and on servers who all ask the same question (Though its always worded differently). 'Does my weapons facing change which direction they shoot?" and the correct answer is no, the weapon's facing won't change which direction in which they fire. Every single weapon in Star Made is controlled by it's computer, which also doubles as a cockpit for passengers. Depending on the facing of the computer, your weapons can fire one of six directions but only for the person inside the computer.

So lets say you wanna install a mounted side gun, maybe to shoot someone as you fly next to them or a mining laser to harvest ore as you drift by an asteroid. Change the facing of the computer so the front (For mining its the face with the pickaxes) faces the direction you want the weapon to fire. None of the weapons need to have their directions changed, just the computer. I strongly suggest having a solid wall infront of the computers so the person inside can see through the wall, players in computers can't use SD Cockpits at all so the positioning of your computers is vital if your flying with guests.

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion for you guys.

- Soul

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thanks.

Its possible to change direction of view from cockpit? No matter how i rotate it, still looking forward.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    good to know, i didn\'t know you could do that! so braudside guns are indeed possible...

Reaction score
    I\'ve tried rotating the cockpits but it seems they are uneffected by the rotation and your view will always be towards the front. Not sure if its intended to be that way, a bug or a feature that hasn\'t been added yet. For now you could just toss a weapons system in the aft and have a friend watch your back.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Becareful while builing your ship, I noticed that if you have a SD Cockpit(s) that you will be oriented on its direction and placement if you are inside it when you leave your core to check the broadside weapon moujnt(s). This means that you will look amd fire towards the bow of the ship (the facing of the cockpit) when you enter the weapon control computer instead of the direction you wish the weapon to fire. Switching back to the ship core from the cockpit before leaving the core fixes this issue and you can then check the firing arc of your weapon(s) to confirm their placement.

Also, at this time only the individual in the ship core can make adjustments to the weapon stats (dam, range, reload, speed, radius), the person in the control computer can only fire the weapon(s) attached to it.

@Soul Solarflare:

Thank you for addressing this for us is such a clear manner.