Weapons Not Firing Properly

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Both my AMC's and Missiles change their "Current Output" firing block every time I start the game, and I have to manually reset them. I'm not sure if its a graphical error or if I built my weapons wrong. All computers are attached to the core, and every single AMC and Missile block is properly attached to its computer. I have checked these all several times. The problem also persists regardless of how many hull blocks I do or do not place in front of the weapon to fire through for asthetic reasons. The following pictures should help illustrate the issue I'm having.

In the centre of this picture it is visable that the right 100 block AMC is firing from lower than the left. Here is the same setup after I had to manually reset it again.

You can see the AMC's have been properly alligned horizontally in the centre recticle. These small guns are a minor issue I could live with, but what follows is much more annoying.

What you are looking at is a 500 block AMC firing. Its left twin, however, will not fire at all. They are perfectly mirrored on the ship and all connections are complete. Here is an image after I manually reset the "Current Output" on the left AMC.

Lastly, there is the missile batteries. The following is an image of 16 10-block SD-BB Tracking Missiles firing at once in a completely bizzare non-pattern.

And here is that same 16 batteries firing in the proper / \ pattern I built them in, after a manual Output reset.

These glitches are very annoying graphically, and in the case of the left 500 AMC not firing, crippling. Any help as to why this is occuring on every startup of the game would be appreciated.

Reaction score
    Do you at least have 1 unique cannon at the front-most Z of the cannon groups? I know it might not be enough to fix the bug entirely, but it might help. (Also Shift+V pointed at cannons a few times makes sure the internal cannons are all connected too.)

######
    ####### ---> output at least 1 further than rest of the cannons
    ######

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, all my cannons have the one block in front to help insure they fire from the middle. Also my wonkey missiles are all just 1x10 lines so I have no idea why they\'re firing weird.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a AMC array that is required to fire from certain outputs to be effective.
    Resets to random firing points every time I start the game up, even though the AMCs recon the blocks I want are the outputs.

Unfortunately for me my ship design also buries those outputs and the computer under 20 layers of other stuff and it takes 15~20 minutes to reset all 200 manually.

Needless to say that particular ship doesn\'t get used often.