Weapons Menu, Distinguishing between turrets and fighters

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I have a quick and pretty simple suggestion regarding docked ships listed in the weapons menu. I fly a carrier, and as such, I rely on the ability to launch my AI-controlled fighters, and I do so by undocking them through the weapons menu. However I run into an issue when I have 12 fighters and 42 turrets all docked to the same ship. Since the UI cuts off the end of each docked ship description in the menu, I have to click on each option and read the description in order to determine whether this is a turret or a fighter before assigning it a hotkey and launching it.

So my suggestion is, give some sort of option to, at a glance, know which docked cores are turrets and which are ships. One way is to create a divider or separate tab between docked turrets and docked ships, another way is to give an option to decide which options to hide from the weapons menu, which would do a lot to clear it up, a third way would be the ability to separate docked cores into your own custom tabs such as Turrets, Fighters, Shuttle, Misc. etc., then you could assign each of these tabs a hotkey and thus could release them all at once!

Regardless, of which method proves most practical, I think this would greatly help carrier ships.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    I heard a Relay Computer suggested somewhere else, something you can select to your hot bar like a weapons computer, but when used, calls up a new hot bar that\'s been programmed with the weapons/turrets/any other relay computers, so you can easily orginize your turrets, ships, and cannons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep, this: http://star-made.org/content/relay-computer-andor-bigger-quickbar

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s a much more eloquent solution. I guess any feature that we would like added, seems to work better if the property is assigned to a new block instead. That\'s a great way of giving players choice as well as introducing new game mechanics.