Weapons Menu Crashes Client

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello.

As far as I know I'm the only one with this problem. I've searched the forum for this problem and nothing came up. I've tested this in version .09391 and .093932. It happens in both versions.

Here's the problem. I'm building my 10x10x10 cube for the Thunderdome fights. Every time I enter my Weapons Menu (pressing T), the client crashes with a GLException: GL_INVALID_OPERATION. I'm building with symmetry mode on and odd symmetry checked. It doesn't crash as long as I don't turn on symmetry mode. Block preview is turned off.

I've already done 3 fights in the dome all of which I crash when I open the Weapons Menu.

Are there any fixes or work arounds for this? I'm completely stumped. Other people who participate in the dome don't seem to have this problem.

If you need anymore information let me know. If you need more testing let me know.

Reaction score
    have you tried making a new folder and redownloading the game from scratch then see if it still continues?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    not from scratch, I\'ll try that and get back to you.

There are no servers running version .093941. I\'ll try the fresh copy once a server has been updated.

In the new update I can\'t click on any settings ingame. I haven\'t touched any of the settings from the launcher. I\'m running with what it was set at when installed. I can\'t even turn on symmetry mode.

So 1360x768 does not go fullscreen on my 1280x1042 monitor. 1280x720 does however. I haven\'t tried the other resolutions. The settings window for some reason won\'t let me change anything unless I\'m in fullscreen mode.

Ok the results: I did not crash. The only settings I changed on the fresh install was enabling fullscreen mode and setting the resolution to 1280x720.

What\'s next?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So I set my settings to what they were on the first launcher and I started getting crashes from that GL error. There must be a setting that is causing this. I\'ll pin point it later when I have time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think I\'ve found the issue.

If you enable the Frame Buffer option I get those GL crash errors. Once I turned that function off I stopped getting them.