Weapons concept

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just wondering how many used something like this.
    The ship is built using two modules for the weapons a left and right
    As you notice by the purple highlights 4 of the weapons tubes/barrels are wrapped around the opposite module.
    The module center around a core power supply. You could extend this to any length. at 600 power blocks you would have 755K e at 960 blocks approx 1M e If you put just enough capacitance to fire 1 tube you could fire a volley every time you push the button. Granted this is a dumbfire system you have to do the aiming.
    Considered these are a matched pair system you have to design with having space for multiples of two of the system.
    O yeah there is no reason to have the modules separated as I do in this concept ship that is purely to make it easier to build this small ship. The module can be designed butted up against each other.

Attachments

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There's actually a pretty good reason to separate modules out, it makes re-fitting/fixing things a lot easier. If you leave modules of the same type together you can not effectively use the replace function or the shift-v function. If the weapons are different types than there's really no downside to it unless something else would use the space better, but that's down to specific ships more than general engineering.
    Edit; Derp, missed the point of it. I have used copy paste able/easily repeatable weapons in the past. They're fun.

Reactions: GRHayes
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There's actually a pretty good reason to separate modules out, it makes re-fitting/fixing things a lot easier. If you leave modules of the same type together you can not effectively use the replace function or the shift-v function. If the weapons are different types than there's really no downside to it unless something else would use the space better, but that's down to specific ships more than general engineering.
    Edit; Derp, missed the point of it. I have used copy paste able/easily repeatable weapons in the past. They're fun.
    Actually shift V I used on this. All you do is target the ends. There are 8 per module because they don't but up against one another and they will not select the others that aren't part of it. Look at the picture.
    I'll see about posting a picture of the two modules it might clear it up.
    There is no issue of changing stuff out for something else. Extremely easy actually already done it once on a larger version.
    I figured putting the ship file on on here would make it easy for people to see how it was done. Guess not.
    Ok this image may make how they go together a little more clear. The reason the modules beside them never select is because they are not from the same module at all. The modules are a matched pair.

I also went ahead and loaded up the larger ship I made for another individual to check out.
    It is simply meant as a proof of concept. each module half fires 15K swarm. There are total of 12 of those fired every time you hit the mouse button. which you can fire about 1 a second or so. The combined mass of he ship is about 1275. no shields or anything. You could change those tubes out for whatever you want though.

Attachments

Last edited: