Weapons, and Inter vehiculir combat.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was thinking for diffirent types of weapons systems, with special properties. so now we have antimatter cannons that run off of energy, and are connected to a anti matter control block. then maybe we could have machine guns, or artillery based weapons with a projectile control block, and these would run of munitions Storage blocks, each block contained 1000 shells, or bullets. once it reached zero, you must buy a refil at a shop, this might seem annoying but if the player has multiple munitinons blocks they could have up to 5000 10,000. or have these blocks recharge when they hit zero like missles. and they wouldn,t run on power. this would be better for small fighters that use lots of power for their thrusters, and none left over for the lasers. another weapon would be beam type weapons, these weapons would connect to a beam weapon control block, they are very powerful high damage weapons, that shoot a continous beam like high power laser, that destroys blocks fast, to balance this these weapons use ALOT I MEAN ALOT OF POWER, basiclly they would only work on big capital ships, and only fires when the power is at max capacity. another thing would be the introduction of veiner or vectoring thrusters that would allow for faster turns stops, and manuvering especially for fighters.

also i would like to see some personal defense weapons for players such as laser pistols, rifles, machine guns, to protect yourself and to kill any boarding partys on your ship. time bombs to attack the insides of ships and to bust a hole in a ship to enter. also this would work well, if a oxygen system is implemented so that they player should repair a hole in their ship to stop losing oxygen.

Reaction score
    Not sure about ammo, I would prefer to not have to refill my weaponry. Docking at enemy ships to enter them and fighitng within them.. That would be awesome! Perhaps some special explosives for hull-breaching-shuttles? Basically explosives that only go off in one direction so after the enemy shield is down (or perhaps they ignore shield? Eh, would be abused and OP, I suppose) you can smack a shuttle into the enemy ship, breach the enemy hull with the explosives that go off as soon as you collide and then enter the enemy ship with your laser pistols.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Az once proposed something very clever, which were poles/spears in front of your ships. At the end of those you put your explosives.

Off-the-battlefield tests are recommended, and you can tweak it so the explosion removes the whole poles so you end up flying directly into the hole created (provided you blew a hole successfully).

No need for new fancy bomb materials, bit of cleverness is more than enough to work with the current ones.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    +1 for this

Weapons weapons weapons, they would be awesome in infantry combat and boarding. like for example a faction is assaulting a section held by another faction, however the fighting is taking place near a planet where the defenders have built a gigantict cannon that is just destroying the attackers ship so what do the attackers do? they could either A: destroy the cannon but that attackers are getting their asses kicked so they decide B: To capture the gigant gun and use it against its owners so they send some ferrys down with support from mayby a figther or a salvage ship thehas been hastly fitted with guns to help the troops on the ground.

Wouldnt that be kinda awesome?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    types seems like a good idea for a credit sink, provided it is possible to implement in the game. Handheld weaponry has been talked about before on other threads, and I agree would be a fantastic feature to add to the game. Likewise, expendable ammunition for handheld weapons may provide another credit sink for the game\'s economy. Another feature that I wouldn\'t mind seeing in game would be land based vehicles for planets. (Along with an increase in planet sizes.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Handheld weapons could either be like \"Here you start with a pistol and you can buy other in the shop\" or it could be more like building a ship kinda, but with special blocks for it maybe. Like 3 diffrent types of \'ammo\' Laser, rocket and bullets with the latter only working on planets maybe? The Laser would the weakest of the three but with high RPM, range and speed while the rocket sacrfefices those for higher splash damage (And it needs to be bigger too) while the bullets could could be a good all-round but maybe wouldnt be usefull in space? the laser and bullet would deal 1/100th of the blocks health (then -armor if it execeds 1 damage) while still being fatal to other players then to their ships with the rocket only dealing engouth block damage to blow a 5-8 block hole (Or 3-5 blocks wide from left to right and up and down if you get me)