Weapons 3.0

Reaction score
    First off, sorry if this is a dumb question - I know there's lots of videos on Youtube that cover all kinds of build topics, but many of them are 2-3 years old and I never know what's still relevant anymore.

Basically, for weapons, to get different effects, do you just slave a different (say beam) computer to your primary (say cannon), then slave your cannon barrels to the primary to get.. I forget what beam adds to cannon. Sniper rounds? Or do you also have to slave beam barrels to... something? To the cannon barrels? or to the primary computer?

It's been a long time since I've even bothered putting weapons on a ship, and I just have no idea what's what anymore.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To get a weapon type you need to slave an appropriate weapon computer to a master weapon computer. Results can be as follows:
    CC - machine gun
    CB - sniper cannon
    CM - chargeable siege cannon
    MC - heat seekers
    MB - lock-on missile
    MM - unpropelled bomb
    BC - classic aimable beam but with zero cooldown time
    BM - omnidirectional latch-on surface-damage beam
    BB - death-star style siege beam

You need to slave secondary barrels to a secondary computer to get the ratio of weapon stats conversion. I.E. CC with no secondary barrels is basically a common cannon, but CC with equal amount of primary and secondary barrels is a MG shooting 5 times a second but doing heavily reduced damage each shot. Same goes for other combos. You can read about them on a newsboard in weapons post.

Same goes for tertiary effects, namely EMP, heat or kinetic. But in this case you modify the weapon damage type, shifting it more to one of three abovementioned types (seems not to be working now, or working partially).

Reactions: Neon_42