Weaponry ideas!

Reaction score
    Ok keep in mind that by "gut parts" I mean shields, AMCs, etc.

Enjoy

Ok folks, theres alot of flak going around that the combat isn't deep enough.

I know how to make it better.

Basically there are: "lasers","turbolasers", and "ion lasers". My idea is to replace AMCs with these items.

Lasers: They have a fast rate of fire and relatively low damage.

Turbolasers: They are big, draining on power, have a low reload time, don't scale in reload, only damage, and do 3-4 times the damage of lasers.

Ion lasers: Same as turbolasers, only they do 3x damage to shields, no damage to hull, and 10% to gut parts.

My idea is so that fighters carry lasers and lasers are used against them, and turbolasers are for capital ships.

Ok, next idea.

So everyone knows that missiles do nothing to shields and cut through hull like butter. I propose to reverse this, making missiles pass through shields, but do 50% to hull, 25% to hardened hull, and doing a s***ton of damage to gut parts, so little fighters can drop their bombs on exposedngut parts and do some damage through shields.

Reaction score
    I would keep AMC, i like the current method but the weapons as add-ons look cool

Reaction score
    The current amcs can hit 20 shots per second at 1200 dph with just 5000 amc blocks. do da math. right now AMCs are literally sniper minigun mutants, so I think it would be cool if we had specific lasers designed to do specific jobs. Another cool thing would be if, at some point, turbolasers start exploding for a radius of meh, 3 blocks max. With a fire rate of one AMC (ahem one shot every 2 seconds cough) it would be completely feasible.

It would also make hull feasible again, as who want their whole ship gone in one missile when you can slap hardened hull on every surface and BAM! no more DEATHBYMISSILE() because then ion lasers would be used to carve up the shields, then turbolasers would blow holes in your hull, THEN DEATHBYROCKETSOFDOOM would occur.

Reaction score
    EpicFailLord123,

loving your concept and to make you feel complete. Myself and a few others occasionally open a brain trust and debate outrageous ideas that would amplify every aspect of the ge. And you sir have cracked open a new can of beans. We have considered many o\' things but baronets of AMCs... High five yourself bro. I\'m on board

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every idea is good except the Part with Missiles passing through shielding. You could not keep up with a stealthmissilelauncher drenching hollow shapes into you.

I would rather suggest it something like this.

Laserbeam : A basic energy weapon used on small Fighters and medium ships. Their advantage is very high projectile speed and a fast fire rate with small energy costs.They deal the same damage to hull and shielding. They are limited to a 20 block group that does a maximum of 250 Damage per shot. Each Lasertargetingcomputer cannot control more than 18 groups. This should prevent large ships from building shotguns.

Ionbeam: An advanced energyweapon for destroying shields, they do next to no block damage but are able to drain large ammounts of shielding. They are very powerconsuming and only lager and Mega ships can house very big arrays.

Particle accelerator: A prototypeversion of a factoryused mechanic to cut Material. They are very efficient at destroying blocks. An array will fire a slowmoving highdestructive projectile with high reload. It will penetrate into a V shape losing damage and area of effect the further it penetrates. This deals no damage to shields and is an enrgyabsorbing monster.

Heatseekermissile: A missile that aims for Thrusters in the area. It will aim for the biggest array of thrusters it can find, ignoring the ship it is shooting from or docked parts. They need to have a factionmodule installed though.

Pointdefensebeam: An AI controlled Turret that is made of a 3*3 or 5*5 or 7*7 cube of Defensebeam cubes. If put together they will transform in a 360degree slow firing turret that is not docked but part of the ship it is connected to. It trys to shoot down missiles and Bullets from an particle accelerator. Their range is limited by their grouping. Also their reload depends on the grouping size. They constantly require energy for their dense scanning of the surrounding area. They will only shoot projectiles like missiles and Bullets of a particle accelerator.

Nanitelauncher: Fires a slow moving ball of nanites that splash an area of effect on a ship. The nanites slowly creep to damaged areas to repair them. They will try to restore the ship to the status it had when it was last saved at a Shop. (implying the shop will get a \"save\" and \"repair\" button). It can only respawn damaged hull blocks not \"gut\"(shield and energy and the like) damage.

Nanitelauncher Prototype: Fires a a slow moving ball of nanites that latch onto the first enemy surface that holds energy storage. They will attempt to dry the energypool and decrease the recharge rate. They are relatively shortlived dying of the high power consumption.

Dumbfiremissile: The most basic type of projectile, it is slow and slow reloading with a very high damage and area of effect. it does 100% to shield and 50% to hull.

Aimed Missiles: Like heatseekers but aimed they sacrifice speed and damage for reload and homing. Their fuel charge is relatively weak so a small ship can outrun them.

Reaction score
    Well, just to be clear, my missiles do 25% damage to hardened hull, meaning it would take 2-3 shot from a hugemongus 900 damage missile grouping to do any damage. That number will probably end up being lowered but 3-4 layers of hardened hull with no exposed gut parts pretty much makes you immune to any missile attacks, unless someone has a ship that shoots 32 200 damage missiles at once, which would put it in the \"missile cruiser\" category, and means it was DESIGNED to cripple capital ships in single vollies. My lasers would scale in reload and bullet speed, and be more effective in small groupings, making them perfect for certain turrets and fighters. My turbolasers would scale hugely in damage, splash damage, bullet speed, and range, but they would only be power effective in large groups, so having a small ship with turbolasers would require the energy of a cloakship, while a capship would need the same amount of energy per block for almost 60x the damage scaling compared to a small group. example:

5-block turbolaser:50 e/s 45 damage

50-block turbolaser:500e/s 1265 damage

these numbers are purely for example. the turbolasers in the example scale from 5+6+7+8+9+10 and so on

Otherwise I like your ideas. good job being more intelligent than the average person.

Reaction score
    It a great Idea. I would also add the ability to \"overclock\" or \"overdrive\" weapons for either rapid fire, massive damage, extended range, or super fast projectiles. Or a combination of all 4 to get a less exagerated effect but overall better weapons. Should have a massive cooldown time.

Reaction score
    Turbolasers: They are big, draining on power, have a low reload time, don\'t scale in reload, only damage, and do 3-4 times the damage of lasers.

Just how big are they? Is there a minimum number of turbolaser blocks adjacent to each other to work?

Turbolasers: They are big, draining on power, have a low reload time, don\'t scale in reload, only damage, and do 3-4 times the damage of lasers.

Does this mean even with the minimum number of blocks I would still have the same reload time as a capital ship with say 20 times the number of turbolaser blocks? Seems a little unfair to have a lower damaging laser with the same reload time as one 20 times it\'s size.

Reaction score
    They scale way better in big arrays than in small arrays, so anyone wanting to do damage would have big arrays, yes.

They don\'t scale in reload because they scale hugely in damage and bullet speed. They would also have an AOE explosion thing going on after they got big enough.