Weapon Trails?

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So you have your basic Starmade weapons, now what if there was in addition to color you could have Weapon Trails/ Impact effects? Like having your Cannon having a trail of a missile. (Maybe not for rapid fire. Lag)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I believe this idea is in progress by the devs. The team has already stated they will improve effects and add them to weapon effects. However, the details are limited at this time, so this would be a great thread to gather ideas on how various weapon effects might look. Bring on the pictures!

I'll get it started:
    The point where a beam hits something should probably spawn some kind of flash image billboard to simulate a "bloom".

Similarly, I'd like it if damaged, exposed system blocks, especially power blocks, were to spawn a client-side particle and eject it away from the ship's center every once in a while to simulate some kind of leak or ongoing "fire".

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I believe this idea is in progress by the devs. The team has already stated they will improve effects and add them to weapon effects. However, the details are limited at this time, so this would be a great thread to gather ideas on how various weapon effects might look. Bring on the pictures!

I'll get it started:
    The point where a beam hits something should probably spawn some kind of flash image billboard to simulate a "bloom".

Similarly, I'd like it if damaged, exposed system blocks, especially power blocks, were to spawn a client-side particle and eject it away from the ship's center every once in a while to simulate some kind of leak or ongoing "fire".

I think with a new health system we could definitely detect missing blocks and spew particles from it. I would also like explosions to be bigger.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    We also need to have big guns, with big bullets/beams/missiles/what-have-you. That, with this stuff, would make for awesome space battles.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The debris system goes a long way to adding immersion, I love nothing more in combat to see my missile strike it's target and a shower of debris flowing from the open wound.

There is a new particle system planned but I am not sure how much control regular players will have over it. As for tracers? Well all weapons already have them more or less as the shots are visible and with custom colors. You want a missile trail, well you have rapid missiles as an option.