Weapon Stats / Math

Reaction score
    I just spent a good 15 minutes trying to find the equations for weapon stats and only found a table for AMCs from last year.

So what are the stats for each weapon as a function of stats(number blocks)?

Afaik from last year is that stats scale as a x^.5 which doesnt really make sense and seems arbitrary. Why inverse parabolic growth? If you want to counteract exponential miners then why not logarithmic? And furthermore applying that to only groups and not across all weaponsblocks on a ship is frankly stupid as it forces people to shotgun/checker which is why I quit.

I just saw all the updates since I last played which im really excited over, but if shotgunning is still a thing then I don't think I'll even look at the new features.
    But if the new updates have fixed shotgunning then I'll probably pull an all nighter :v

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    dps scales linear now, thus shotguns have no advantage anymore(apart from the many projectiles, but that can't be fixed)

Reaction score
    Ah thank god. SM is now a proper space opera at least xD

How exactly do things scale though?
    dps scales as both damage and frequency scale, but how to solve for damage or frequency?
    obviously with the constraint that d dps / d blocks = c
    dps = freq(blocks)*dmg(blocks) = blocks*a(blocks)*b(blocks) :what are functions a, b?
    And what about range?

And what about all equipment scaling in general? I feel like its something extremely important that should be specified ingame.

Edit: From experiments I've detemined that many of the descriptions ingame are out of date, such as power modules now not having any grouping benefit.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    The fire rate is constant if it isn't altered. It is altered using cannon- or pulse-slaves, which both also manipulate the damage per shot so the overall dps remain the same.
    Also, the slave- and effect blocks a weapon has are added to it's weapon blocks, so a 50 blocks cannon with 50 blocks cannon-slave deals the same dps as a 100 block cannon.

Range is also constant(but varies with the weapon type). It is increased using beam-slaves.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am just a bit curious why not beam increase the fire rate and decrease damage (a stream of single particles), pulse for shotgun, missile for range and cannon for higher damage, longer reload?

The shortest-range weapon increases range, the most expensive projectiles IRL (missile) increase in numbers and cannons sound like something with high reload (machine gun = the thing with short reload, closer to a beam than a cannon is)
    It seems that every weapon (maybe except pulse) increases the opposite of it's primary statistic.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I am just a bit curious why not beam increase the fire rate and decrease damage (a stream of single particles), pulse for shotgun, missile for range and cannon for higher damage, longer reload?

The shortest-range weapon increases range, the most expensive projectiles IRL (missile) increase in numbers and cannons sound like something with high reload (machine gun = the thing with short reload, closer to a beam than a cannon is)
    It seems that every weapon (maybe except pulse) increases the opposite of it's primary statistic.
    Missiles damage multiple blocks -> Spreadshots damage multiple blocks.
    The rest make no sense. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Basically

for cannons with or without beam slave
    5dps per block or 15 damage per block every 3 seconds
    range 1000m all and up to 2000m with 100%beam slave

for d1000 with or without beam slave
    5dps per block or 75 damage per block every 15 seconds
    range 1000m all and up to 2000m with 100% beam slave

for beams I'm not really sure on dps
    range 500m all and up to 1000m with 100% beam slave

weapon power use 10 energy per damage plus more if multiple weapons linked to the same computer and that's per weapon.
    missiles use more energy per block because the reload time takes longer so it uses more energy per shot but uses the same energy per second as a cannon with the same number of blocks because they have the same dps per block.

shields 1 energy per shield regen constant and goes to around 10 energy per shield when actually recharging shields

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Dps scale linearly, shotgun or not. However, shotguns still retain a power penalty (more power consumption) due to the fact that they fire more projectiles.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I thought they have a lower consumption per shot for this?

I am still curious if slaves or effects or both increase the number of blocks in the array counted for the base damage multiplier and if/how they use the array count penalty.
    BTW: I didn't found this penalty setting for beams and got an error when I tried to copy&paste this setting from another weapon type into beams. Sounds like a bug - hopefully it is a bug and not something wanted :D

Reaction score
    I thought they have a lower consumption per shot for this?

I am still curious if slaves or effects or both increase the number of blocks in the array counted for the base damage multiplier and if/how they use the array count penalty.
    BTW: I didn't found this penalty setting for beams and got an error when I tried to copy&paste this setting from another weapon type into beams. Sounds like a bug - hopefully it is a bug and not something wanted :D
    Yes, the effects and slaves are supposed to be counted counted per a bug report, but it's currently not functioning properly. Effects are adding damage appropriately for non-missiles but not power consumption and the opposite for missiles.

As far as power, I think it's still +10% for each additional group connected to the same computer.