Weapon question!

Reaction score
    I noticed that one can change the facing of a weapon block. What impact does that currently have on cannon/missile spawning? Could I set up a vertical missile launcher that fires tracking missiles straight up before they curve off to engage whatever innocent starship I am menacing? Could I set up cannons for a broadside?

I would test this, but since I am at work at the moment, I figured I'd save some of my precious free time and just ask you all.

Thanks!

I promise not to use this information for evil.

Reaction score
    At the moment, it\'s purely aesthetic. Most of us hope for orientation to matter in the future so that we can create weapons computers for our crew to man broadside guns, but the game isn\'t there yet.

Reaction score
    Pffft, what!? Good thing I didn\'t actually start building the ship I had planned... that... that\'s upsetting. Why would they allow orientation for the block, then? That\'s about as lame as the cockpit not changing what direction you look, even the the camera is pointed that way. Well, I now understand why people just spam building the same lame \"battle cylinder\" design... nothing els is effective or works.

Reaction score
    No it does matter, but you have to use the Weapon block directly and not from the ship core.

Reaction score
    I now must make a ship and name it the \"IEF Battle Cylinder.\" Thank you so much.