Weapon projectile scale based on damage

Reaction score
    Just a quick idea/suggestion:

Why not have it so that as the damage of a given weapon system increases, it's projectile gets gradually larger and more intense? By weapon:

Cannon: The "bolt" gets longer and gradually thicker.
    Damage Beam: The beam gets drastically thicker as its damage increases.
    Missile: The brightness of the missile increases, perhaps its model gets larger?
    Damage pulse: The wave gets brighter/more defined.

I just thought it would be a neat way to spruce up space combat without too much work. I can't help but feel it strange to get hit by a tiny bolt lose no armor but a moment later get hit with the same sized bolt and get snapped in two (from a larger ship). The big one is beams though, it feels weird with a 25,000 dps beam as thin as a pencil. I think of the beams from freespace 2 and how you could identify the weapon by various attributes of it.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Cannon fire already increases in size with power.

Rest of them need to scale as well. I hate having a planet shattering nuke that looks like I just flicked a booger at the enemy.

Reaction score
    Would be great also to see increased width of damage. So you don't have to make 4 groups to hit 4 blocks. Only one group with high damage that makes bullet which doest the same. It's just suggestion and I am not sure about it.

Reaction score
    Would be great also to see increased width of damage. So you don't have to make 4 groups to hit 4 blocks. Only one group with high damage that makes bullet which doest the same. It's just suggestion and I am not sure about it.
    Meh, that would prevent you from building a high powered sniper type weapon for getting at heavily armored targets. Current setup via waffling doesn't work perfectly but does allow more flexibility.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Waffling lets you make the hole as big or as small as you want.

I'd rather have the option for a scalpel that can slice all the way through a ship than have it automatically try to spread it out across a dozen blocks and not get 3 or 4 blocks deep.