Weapon effects not displaying (after jump drive use.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    For the last month or more I've been seeing an odd bug where my turret weapons stop displaying their effects after a while. From what I can tell, this seems to occur after using the jump drive, although I won't swear to it. I first noticed it while exploring the galaxy and getting into fights with pirates. I can see their weapons fire, I just can't see any of my own. At first I was worried that my ship wasn't defending itself, but then I saw the tell-tale particles flying off the enemy ships that told me they were taking damage.

In the last few weeks, I started using a new design for my ships where all the power comes from docked "ships" that simply transfer energy via power supply beams. It's really fantastic to have "energy cores" in my ship in an actual engine room, rather than just laying down lines of power blocks in every nook and cranny on a ship. This exposed a deeper problem with the visual bug I described above, however. After making a jump with a ship using this new power system, the beams not only stop appearing, but they stop providing power to the ship, as well. I can see that the power supply beam is still being activated by the logic blocks, I'm just not getting reliable energy any longer.

My turrets have all been cannon-based, while the power supply is obviously a beam. Whether that somehow explains why the turrets still do damage even though you don't see their shots, versus the beams which fail to provide power, I don't know. Also, the effects don't necessarily stop working with every jump, although I haven't made more than three or four before the bug kicked in. Restarting the game fixes the problem until I resume jumping. I play on a multi-player server, but few of the other players have been active recently that can confirm if this is system wide or something on my end.