Weapon discussion thread

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It doesn't matter if the blocks are weapon, support, or effect blocks, every block in a weapon group adds to the weapon's total damage output. A 1/1/1 AMC/AMC/Ion will deal as much base damage as 3 AMC blocks.
    It will deal the same damage as 4 amcs actually (against shields). Since the ion block doubles the damage done by the amcs. So it actually take less energy/space and does more shield damage then plain amcs!

Reaction score
    Yay! That's awesome. I will take that in consideration once I start to build stuff again, but I'll properly wait until a few patches and whatnot happened, I'm kind of afraid of building big things, knowing that big changes will come. >.> Good changes of course, but changes nonetheless! Changes that might turn ships build now useless once again. :D

Reaction score
    No one is saying you should limit yourself to 1 effect system per gun.

Reaction score
    One active system. Go ion while the shields are up and switch to something else when they go down ;)

Reaction score
    Anyone knows a work around to an extremely annoying bug? The bug being the following: The weapons are fired up in a 90° angle when you fire when you look from the core, if you use a cockpit it's okay. The issue is though that the weapons I'm talking about are mounted on a turret and the AI's POV is the core.

Reaction score
    Yep, I thought so, too. I'm testing that right now. I turned the screen downwards so I can see which computer is which without rying around.

Reaction score
    Somewhat off topic. switching effects is all fine and dandy on a ship. But what about turrets? could you imagine trying to switch 20 turrets from ion to say over drive?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    This is probably old news but you can get shields that cause weapons fire to do negative damage against them.

And can we get this thread stickyed?

Reaction score
    thats a 100%+ ion passive effect for unbreakable shields. Is anyone else experience...."interesting effects" with large Missle : Beam : Punchthrough arrays? (1200 block total) For me, it's doing some real nasty things to the ships I hit. It seems like if I do ccore damage with the missle, a part of the ship ghosts up and to the side and becomes invulnerable.

Reaction score
    thats a 100%+ ion passive effect for unbreakable shields. Is anyone else experience...."interesting effects" with large Missle : Beam : Punchthrough arrays? (1200 block total) For me, it's doing some real nasty things to the ships I hit. It seems like if I do ccore damage with the missle, a part of the ship ghosts up and to the side and becomes invulnerable.
    I've had invulnerable pirates just with normal "beam:AMC:punchthrough", and pirates that warp randomly everywhere.

I've also seen a tiny little 15-block "missile:pulse:punchthrough" completely remove half an asteroid.

More recently, I've seen dodgy forum code destroy a post with emoticons. It's funny, so I'm not fixing it..

Reaction score
    Im using missile pulse punch and when I hit a ship, if it damages the core all sorts of horrible things happen, like a large chunk of the ship will duplicate, fixed to the ship up and to the side of the impact. I can shoot it, see damage, but no blocks disappear.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    switching effects is all fine and dandy on a ship. But what about turrets? could you imagine trying to switch 20 turrets from ion to say over drive?
    This is where the game is currently going to. If you are fast enough to do this within a reasonable time you clearly have an advantage.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    If you want to switch the effects on all turrets then all powers to you. But don't complain when I destroy your immobile ass 20 times over :P

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think they were being sarcastic, since you can't just quickly switch 20 turrets.
    Sure, 20 might be too many. I haven't tried to speed-relink weapon computers, yet, so I don't know how much is realistic (there are way quicker players than me anyways). But all you have to do is to properly design your ship, just don't add more turrets than you can handle.

If you want to switch the effects on all turrets then all powers to you. But don't complain when I destroy your immobile ass 20 times over :p
    Titans are too big to evade anyways, and weapons can also be fired by Bobby.