Weapon changes.

Reaction score
    So, I haven't played Starmade in around one and a half years, so I was wondering if people could explain the weapon changes to me, or give me a link to a post explaining, cause I haven't been able to find one so far.

Namely the changes such as how anti-matter cannons have much longer reload time, and how I can't seem to be able to change the stats about them, such as Damage, Speed, etc.
    Also how whenever firing any type of missile, in one of the normal red windows it says something along the lines of "Weapon is Desecrated and will be removed soon" even though it never leaves.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Only use the D1000 missiles, the other ones don't work anymore as they have been replaced by slave systems. You can link a main weapon computer to a second weapon computer to change the way the weapon works. The slaved computer has to be linked to weapons too, which will be used to increase the power of the master system.

Make two amc arrays of 100 blocks each and link them to two different computers. Now link one of the computers to the other (using the V key). Get some power on the ship and fire :D . Different slave systems have different effects. For example, beams usually increase range.

Also, the damage per projectile isn't the overall damage output. The combination I told you to make lowers the damage per projectile but increases the fire rate. The total damage dealt every second stays the exact same as if you were just firing the two unlinked amc arrays at the same time.

Reaction score
    By removed soon it means in a future update. And for the other weapons see this video.
    Watch this first:
    Now watch this:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    http://star-made.org/news/patch-day-starmade-0-15

Basically, the old weapon system was replaced with a master:slave/effect system. Weapons' stats are now fixed, with damage scaling linearly by number of blocks in a weapon group. To edit a weapon's properties, you need to either link the computers as you would link weapons, or combine 2 weapon computers in the T menu.

The combination of a master system (the weapon that will fire) and slave (the weapon group that will modify the master) will determine the new combination weapon's effect. Slaving AMC to another weapon will make a rapid-fire version of that weapon with weaker damage per shot, for example. Every standalone and combo weapon does 5 DPS per block.

There are also Effect computers which can be added to a weapon to bolster it or used solo to help your ship. For example, Overdrive, which was added in a . When added to a weapon, it makes it guzzle energy, but significantly increases damage dealt (bypassing the 5 DPS/block limit). When placed in the hotbar alone and toggled on, it allows your ship to bypass the server's speed limit, if you have the thrust to get there.

The KB and BB missiles have been replaced by this system, which uses the D1000.

Reaction score

Basically, the old weapon system was replaced with a master:slave/effect system. Weapons' stats are now fixed, with damage scaling linearly by number of blocks in a weapon group. To edit a weapon's properties, you need to either link the computers as you would link weapons, or combine 2 weapon computers in the T menu.

The combination of a master system (the weapon that will fire) and slave (the weapon group that will modify the master) will determine the new combination weapon's effect. Slaving AMC to another weapon will make a rapid-fire version of that weapon with weaker damage per shot, for example. Every standalone and combo weapon does 5 DPS per block.

There are also Effect computers which can be added to a weapon to bolster it or used solo to help your ship. For example, Overdrive, which was added in a . When added to a weapon, it makes it guzzle energy, but significantly increases damage dealt (bypassing the 5 DPS/block limit). When placed in the hotbar alone and toggled on, it allows your ship to bypass the server's speed limit, if you have the thrust to get there.

The KB and BB missiles have been replaced by this system, which uses the D1000.
    that is confusing

I downloaded the latest and now my battle ship does 90 000 dmg per cannon, 3 of them, so 270 000 dmg over 3 blocks and then wait 10 seconds to destroy another 3 blocks
    I liked the old system much better, what was the reason to remove the pew pew pew system ?

edit

I guess I have to tear up all my saved ships ?

I wonder what my 1mb saved mea super heavy pew pew turret for my main base will, quadrotettrabillion dmg on 1 block then wait 10 seconds :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    10 seconds? that's low. anyway, yes you have to refit all your ships with the new weapons

this is a lot better than the old system once you get the jist of it. You'll see.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I downloaded the latest and now my battle ship does 90 000 dmg per cannon, 3 of them, so 270 000 dmg over 3 blocks and then wait 10 seconds to destroy another 3 blocks
    I liked the old system much better, what was the reason to remove the pew pew pew system ?

I guess I have to tear up all my saved ships ?
    The new system allows different customization, based on creative building instead of a menu of weapon attributes. The game is currently based on ship-building, so the weapon system has been changed to incorporate changes by building different weapon systems. You can only link one slave weapon system and one effect system to a single master weapon system. For example, you can add a cannon system to a beam system to get a constant beam. The following link leads to the news entry that discusses the new weapon system in detail. Check out the effect table shown as an image under the subheading "Combination System".

An alternative to tearing up your ships will be to link one cannon weapon to a second one to create a rapid-fire cannon. Then use the third non-linked cannon as your standard-issue, one-shot shield buster. While waiting for the heavy gun to recharge between shots (the actual fire delay time should be 3 seconds, not 10, if you don't have a pulse weapon linked up to the cannons), chew 'em up with your rapid-fire cannon.

Hint for weapon effect systems: the pierce effect system and the punch-through effect system are popular favorites for attacking more than one block with a single shot.

Reaction score
    Welcome back people
    Back in the day the old AMCs were overpowered as true f*ck.
    Now we have a lot of variety (but dont try things like artillery yet those still don't work, what with artillery not actually being artillery shells that explode and stuff)

Oh, and, if you expected cool effects prepare to be disappointed. Unless you're using a cannon-cannon combo. Or Missile-Missile.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The new system allows different customization, based on creative building instead of a menu of weapon attributes. The game is currently based on ship-building, so the weapon system has been changed to incorporate changes by building different weapon systems. You can only link one slave weapon system and one effect system to a single master weapon system. For example, you can add a cannon system to a beam system to get a constant beam. The following link leads to the news entry that discusses the new weapon system in detail. Check out the effect table shown as an image under the subheading "Combination System".

An alternative to tearing up your ships will be to link one cannon weapon to a second one to create a rapid-fire cannon. Then use the third non-linked cannon as your standard-issue, one-shot shield buster. While waiting for the heavy gun to recharge between shots (the actual fire delay time should be 3 seconds, not 10, if you don't have a pulse weapon linked up to the cannons), chew 'em up with your rapid-fire cannon.

Hint for weapon effect systems: the pierce effect system and the punch-through effect system are popular favorites for attacking more than one block with a single shot.
    thx for trying to explain it for me, but confused right now, have to see what I will do about it :P
    very annoying with ships you built for many months with million of blocks

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    thx for trying to explain it for me, but confused right now, have to see what I will do about it :p
    There's a new function in advanced buildmode to selectively remove blocks. Just click the "remove filter" and select the block you want. It will be the only thing deleted when you mass remove blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    thx for trying to explain it for me, but confused right now, have to see what I will do about it :p
    Use the selective Remove function keptick mentioned, it makes refits *much* easier. I was like you at first, but once I learned the different weapons combo's, I realized the change is definitely worth it.

Reaction score
    sorry for the late reply Karride and keptick, not played this for a long while as my server where I hosted have problems, anyway thx for the tip, but I am not sure how big you think my big is :p

when I say million of blocks, it is not an overestimation, maybe underestimation, with r9 290x, 24gb ram and 5ghz cpu it still lags(well it did then)
    that is how big and like cannons and everything is intertwined with a lot of other stuff deep inside to the outside and over and under the ships etc lol

they are not pretty at all, just big haha

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Luckily there is a remove/replace filter now so you can mass remove your old amc blocks without touching anything else.