weapon changes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    change how the antimatter cannons fire.

1. flip the firing speed with blocks mechanic as it stands the more blocks you add the stronger it gets, thats fine, what sucks is you also get an increase in firing speed with that. no weapon should ever fire faster the stronger it gets. take for example a cannon versus a machine gun. the machine gun is weaker but fires faster wheras the cannon is stronger but fires slower. this should be how anti-matter cannons in game are. this would even the playing field with fighters taking on capital ships. i recently made a turret that had 996 damage and fired like a gatling gun. the fighter i had fired 123 dmg and fired so slow an enemy capital ship could dodge each shot.

allow larger bolts for more powerful weapons. i know the bolt effect gets slightly bigger as you add block to the weapon what id like to see is an option to make the output of a single cannon come from up to 9 blocks so we can have a larger bolt so it looks cooler, this would be even better when paired with my suggested fire rate change.

on a side note make the map better, im sure your working on it but i needed to say it. also i wanna suggest removing the rotation effect of other sectors when viewed, or at least let us turn it off as an option. it slows framerate and can cause flight issues when traveling. many a time have i been warped backwards due to some Orientation" issue that makes absolutley no sense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What about us who would like to upgrade the LMG to a HMG then to a Minigun and continue upgrades along this path? Damage increases slow slowly while RoF increases drastically.

Reaction score
    why not make two different types of AMC\'s? a fast firing machinegun with relatively low damage, it doesn\'t increase the damage with more blocks, only fires faster. Laser type AMC that shoots a continuos beam of low damage beam... stuff. and finally Cannons, the more you add on to a ship, the slower it will shoot but the samage increases drastically and the shot can penetrate mutiple hull after the shields go down

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like the 2 different amc idea it would add another weapon to the game and it would make sense and building them and placing them effectively would be fun

Reaction score
    @artillamech I agree with the multiple cannons idea as a solution. As stated above. 1; A rapid fire low damge machine gun type weapon which scales its RoF. 2; a seperate high dmg low reload weapon similar to a cannon. which scales its damage

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I would love to see different weapon types over AMC tweaks. Spatial Artillery Cannons that fire slower the bigger they get but deal massive damage and are capable of small amounts of splash damage as well but are not very good against shields (but better than missiles). Heavy hitting rail guns that are devastating to shields and can pierce several layers of hull/armor at a time but only deal small amounts of damage as it does, they also fire slower as they get bigger and require massive amounts of power.

Missiles also need some tweaking a huge speed boost, they shouldn\'t only do 1 dmg vs shields and they should also get slower and reload slower as they get bigger and bigger. Missile only fighters should be a viable option in combat.

Reaction score
    i dont really see the point but this does bring up a subject that i have held off becuse i didnt want any haters on me. how come there isnt options like nootau suggested and if theres a reason then why. i feel like shcema has been holding back something but i dont know what i realise this isnt the place for this but as long as schema stays quite about this then the question will continue to remain. what is planned? what is temporary? and why hasnt schema said anything about plans of any kind? I love this game more than any game ive played before because of it\'s amasing mechanics and its very creative ideas but it scares me to think that if schema makes one wrong move it could all spiral downward.

i have quite a bit of faith in schema\'s descisions right now but for me confusion still remains inside me i hope you guys understand.

Reaction score
    I personally think the universal weapon block idea is most promising,

So basically you can add the same blocks on every weapon computer (same blocks to save inventory space)

And each block increases a given set of stats and decreases the effectivity of other blocks.So there is (atleast) an DMG-Block an ROF-Block an Speed-Block and an AOE-Block

If you mix everything up it just creates an average weapon but with only one type of block it is an weapon whith insane firepower or an true bulletstorm.Experimentally you could create AOE guns which blow up multiple blocks at once.

@AGmukbooks:

Yeah it is very misterious that schema hasnt said a thing about any weapon or FTL discussion.

RsG

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    @Cool3303

I like the idea of having universal weapon blocks with modifiers, but had a different suggestion for how to include them.

Make attachments for weapon computers

So, a weapon computer has maybe three to five \"sockets\" that can be filled with mod attachments. Mods could include +blast radius, +rapid fire or +damage, or they could alter the behavior of the gun like having a +beam option that replaces the bolts with an instant hit beam.

All the mods could come with tradeoffs, like the damage one lowering projectile speed, the rapid fire one reducing accuracy or the beam one reducing range. Combining two or more of the same mod stacks the effects. Combining two or more different mods could lead to some drastically different weapon performance, like combining rapid fire and beam mods to create a continuous stream or combining blast radius and damage to create a battleship\'s main gun. Increasing the number of weapon blocks does the same thing it does now, and altering the weapon is as simple as modding the computer, rather than overhauling the whole system.