Weapon Calculator Program

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm posting this here in general discussion because it just doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. It's not a mod or a skin, or anything like that it's a separate program from Starmade but intricately tied to what I personally find the most difficult aspect, Weapons... Specifically what damage does my humongo cannon do? Would it be more awesome with damage pulse? or Beams? or maybe just more AMCs?

Well to answer that I made a calculator. Just pick whichever block you have as the primary weapon, and whichever is your slave/supporting/secondary weapon (if none woops can't go there yet.. but seriously why wouldn't you add an extra weapon for awesomeness-sake?). Then you enter the number of blocks in each, you can either give it a total or give it the X,Y,Z size of the block and it'll give you a total for yah. Whack the calculate button and BOOM! (nearly-)Instant weapon info... and no need to clutter anybody's inventory space either.

It's got space for effects but at the current moment none of them are in effect( did ya get that?;) ). SO I am also posting a list of updated features i'll be adding whenever I get the time over the coming weeks, months, centuries.

Pics!

Dropbox - StMdCalc1.png

Dropbox - StMdCalc2.png

Download link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqaj8byn1j0p11d/Starmade Weapon Calculator.exe?dl=0

Future Feature Stuff:
    • Finish and Enable Effects (they're like 85% done as is)
    • Graph to see what dps would be the best for a few situations... best dps vs power consumption or vs size.. etc.
    • Anything else that is reasonably suggested by you guys/girls/space probes(?)
    • Possible conversion of C# to Java... it's meh they're really quite similar languages ( save a few important things the base level syntax is nearly identical )so it probably wouldn't be a huge deal but a few interface changes would be inevitable (and a pain).
    Only bad part is I believe they mentioned changing all the stuff to work with the new power systems. They include weapons in the will require less space under solutions. That means not only power changes but damage output will also change per block.
    It will just require entering the new formulas.
    Otherwise good job.