We need a system Anti-camouflage

How this system should work?

• de-camouflage when ship fire?

Votes: 1 100.0%
    • de-camouflage when ship is a certain distance other ships?

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • add one new system (like radar jammer) for de-caouflage near ships?

• a system to counter radar jammer?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Hello everyone, I wish it could implement a system to detect cloaked ships, because the current system does not allow players to defend against those who use this tactic ...

A player with a camouflaged ship can be quietly destroying an entire station or ship fleet without blinking, and no way that both turrets as players can do anything about this, so I propose to implement a system like the current radar jammer, to allow see these players, could work this way, more blocks anti-camuflage, more radar jammer ship would need to camouflage its signal.

That system could be set over ships and stations.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I would simply prefer that a cloak ship could not activate any other modules aside from a jump drive. If they fired their weapons they get decloaked. If they activate a defensive effect they should decloak. If they come within X amount of meters of an object they should decloak.

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    If they shoot, they will decloak. If you notice there is a cloaked ship there, just throw swarm missiles and be happy, since currently even cloak+jam does not counter swarms.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    the system of cloaking and radar jamming should just be rebalanced. make radar jamming work 100% for a certain distance proportional to the jamming module number(use a jamming computer + jamming modules as well as a less extreme mass calculation) then closer than that, the radar jamming doesn't work. do the same with cloaking. perfect cloaking until a certain distance, then only partial cloaking (translucent ship) under a certain distance.

Reactions: Winterhome
    Reaction score
    We don't need any more systems, we have enough already.
    The best solution to the OP cloaking system is to have them decloak when firing or fired upon which would disable the cloak for say 10 seconds. Also have them decloak if the ship is within 20 meters of another structure. To counter the lag induced by this calculate the distances on the client side.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    We don't need any more systems, we have enough already.
    The best solution to the OP cloaking system is to have them decloak when firing or fired upon which would disable the cloak for say 10 seconds. Also have them decloak if the ship is within 20 meters of another structure. To counter the lag induced by this calculate the distances on the client side.
    I agree with your cloaking scheme, but the devs are aiming for the maximum number of useful systems to implement into the game. We still have yet to see an interdiction system or any of the capital systems.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello everyone, I wish it could implement a system to detect cloaked ships, because the current system does not allow players to defend against those who use this tactic ...

A player with a camouflaged ship can be quietly destroying an entire station or ship fleet without blinking, and no way that both turrets as players can do anything about this, so I propose to implement a system like the current radar jammer, to allow see these players, could work this way, more blocks anti-camuflage, more radar jammer ship would need to camouflage its signal.

That system could be set over ships and stations.
    I honestly don't want people to see cloaked ships in any way, because to be able to be cloaked means your ship will look so ugly and hardly have any systems at all.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Having a semi-transparent ship might slow the hell out of a computer. My computer runs hundreds of frames a second while playing, but if I have any sizable build preview loaded it slows it right down.