We need a stalker drone too! SE has it alread :)

Reaction score
    Oh, the AI already tracks stuff, and at a much farther range than the tiny range those SE sensors can.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Previously only enemies, need to look again into a bobby

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I heard about them sensors and the like, I don't think we really need them though.
    Once we get the crew AI properly added, I assume those functions would also carry over to Bobby AI (which would get more expensive iirc). Just seems kinda redundant.

Reaction score
    Also, fleet commands can help expand these tracking functions I would imaging. I agree we don't need sensors, outside of tracking, most their functionality is in those logic area blocks.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Space Engineers: bane of my existence. So similar to my beloved Starmade, yet so radically different. I can't ever get into it, no matter how many times I try. It sucks because SE has some super cool shit built into it, like the ability to manipulate physical blocks and the like.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Space Engineers: bane of my existence. So similar to my beloved Starmade, yet so radically different. I can't ever get into it, no matter how many times I try. It sucks because SE has some super cool shit built into it, like the ability to manipulate physical blocks and the like.
    Im with you, bud.

I go play SE and I'm like THIS IS SO COOL. I could put this on my Death Star....

....which is 160m across.....

Dammit SE. Back to Starmade. :D

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I imagine an antenna which is C=controller, X=metal-mesh, L=logic:
    L L L L C X X X X
    3 2 1 0 C 0 1 2 3

if you now slave the logic and mesh to the controller, it works like an input from a signal source to the logic.

How to select the signal source? I think every 0.5 seconds on source should broadcast. The more sources the antenna can receive the longer the update rate.

Length = frequency capped on the lower of linked mesh-length and linked logic-length both.
    Output of each logic = output of the antenna.
    Input to the antenna = 1 input to each logic.
    Works by distance to the antenna axis.​
    closest ( 0 ) should be the clock.
    next few (1+) should check the ID of the sender (else you might get hacked :))
    last few should receive the signal.​

would like to see hacker logic :D

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I suggested RC drones a while ago soooo... In case if this gets implemented and KSW will blame Schema for copying he would just say that he did it according to my idea.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But with limited cargo, a drone which stays close to you but a bit away to allow you building could be very useful

Also we could build TRAINS!!! we need space trains!!! :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I suggested RC drones a while ago soooo... In case if this gets implemented and KSW will blame Schema for copying he would just say that he did it according to my idea.
    It's not like KSW invented drones... Attempting to blame Schema of plagiarism would just attract laughing.

Reaction score
    But with limited cargo, a drone which stays close to you but a bit away to allow you building could be very useful

Also we could build TRAINS!!! we need space trains!!! :D
    Ye gawd, next thing you know you'll want merry-go-rounds and roller coasters. Hahaha lol :)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ye gawd, next thing you know you'll want merry-go-rounds and roller coasters. Hahaha lol :)
    YEEESSS !!!

You know I was joking a bit too?

I just thought it would be a very nice feature with the upcoming limited inventory if you can control a chain of 3x3x3 cargo pots following you.

Reaction score
    as you can see, my response was a tongue in cheek statement. What's with the limited inventory of which you speak? Say it isn't true......

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    as you can see, my response was a tongue in cheek statement. What's with the limited inventory of which you speak? Say it isn't true......
    Do you think it's very realistic to have 999'999 m^3 hull in your personal backpack?
    Neither it''s good for balance to have 1-3 plex stores be able to carry a titan.

In future releases you will need more Plex-Storages.

Look at cargo capacity in Space Engineers. Maybe we will have not that extreme low, but you get the idea.

Reaction score
    There are a few pointers that SM could take from Space Engineers. Like chairs.

I like the idea of remote control, I think it'd suit SM more than SE because of SM's planets. You could make scouters.

How would it be balanced though? Expensive? Gas Guzzler? Limited range?

Reaction score
    There are a few pointers that SM could take from Space Engineers. Like chairs.

I like the idea of remote control, I think it'd suit SM more than SE because of SM's planets. You could make scouters.

How would it be balanced though? Expensive? Gas Guzzler? Limited range?
    I like the idea of remote controlled chairs too! :)