Waypoints?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking how hard it is to navigate the map/space so I got thinking "Hey, why not have waypoints?(You know, custom ones you can place where you want.)" Rather than bitching out on the Game Devs. I decided to be nice and file a formal suggetion. So here it is: waypoints.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh, also I think a new character model would be nice. the current one is kind of... derpy.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But yeah custom waypoints would be very nice indeed, along with a raft of other navagation tools to help find your way around. Sure the current navagation window lets you just about get about your local area but its worse than useless at longer range navagation and badly needs some filters and such.

*edit* and please autopilot or at least cruise control sooner rather than later, I hate being cooped up in the engine core while flying long distances contantly holding forward. I built a big ship to roam around it not sit in one place.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Guys you can already set your own waypoints from the navigation menu it isnt obviouse how so i recomend checking the wiki out or a noob guide

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But honestly its pretty bare bones and hardly obvious, you have to click in the box that says no waypoint and you can enter raw coords but you have to keep a seperate note of these for any \"waypoints\" you want to be able to revist. But its better than nothing. Still I\'d say the Navagation elements should be fairly high priority for improvments some basic improvements to the interface and some added capabities are not difficult or ver time consuming to do although they aren\'t exactly exciting I\'ll grant you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The ability to create waypoints does already exist in the navigation menu, but it took me and three friends a while to figure out how to use them. The navigation needs quite a bit of work in this game, but frankly almost everything needs a lot of work in this game. It is really fun and has a lot of potential, but it is still in the early development stages, and we need to be patient and keep in mind that there is still a lot of work to be done.

Reaction score
    That\'s a single waypoint. And when you get there, it deletes itself. They want a menu that lets them make multiple waypoints that stay, like MInecraft\'s Rei\'s Minimap.

Reaction score
    i think the waypoints do the job. my only critique would be having the waypoints take me directly to where i want to go, or an option to directly head there, because i keep on having to turn as i go to each way point, and my ship is large (enough) so it turns slowly.
    i have heard they are working on navigation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i think your onto something but it needs refining.

i agree that the waypoint system does work but needs a little work to make it better. i recon that you should be able to save waypoint locations so that you don\'t need to keep remembering where your base is or where you found that planet with the lv5 loot. the waypoint system only shows you what is currently in range and would be much better if you could save coordinates into your navigation. i know adding the location of custom markers will be very hard to do (e.g.. your current position in the game) but if you could save the location of a planet or sector then that would make it much better. i also recon that you should be able to give titles to the waypoints you have saved.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there a overhead map planned? If not yay suggestion. I think something similar to X3\'s would work well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So, people keep suggesting this: A map of the galaxy. How is this represented? Please remember that the galaxy is three dimensional, and therefore a two dimensional map will not represent it properly. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    In flight mode press P then left shift(not both at the same time, just hit and release P then hit and release shift), it will bring up a nice work in progress map already in the game. You can move around the map with wasdqe.

Hopefully in the future you\'ll be able to set things as your target, add waypoints, plot courses... from this map thingie.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is... Very interesting. Very interesting indeed. I feel like there is still a better way to represent a 3D map, but that\'s nice.