Waypoints and Stargates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I love waypoints but I think there needs to be an in game way to keep track of a large number of different ones rather than one, which disappears after closing the game. I've lost a number of structures when running from pirates and not noting down the sector I was in.

There is a perfect blank space on the navigation tab, which would be a great place for this idea (if it’s not already the plan).

Also side note fast travel should be an idea. I have seen a number of threads talk about warp speed but I feel that this is a bad idea. Treking around sectors is the fun part, I don’t want to fly past them. Instead warp gates/stargates, which would be built by the player and allow jumps between two sectors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like the warpgate idea, perhaps a combination or power units and engines facing inward formed in a square (similar to the ender portal from minecraft) once activated there shhould be a visual effect to show its working and linked to another pre-built portal/warpgate somewhere else.

to make this work on multiplayer add a frequency module to place along with optional faction module so players can personalize and protect it from unwanted travelers.

Reaction score
    Way points are definately a go for me but people have already talked about warp gates, the best one i heard involved a hyperspace realm you could travel in like the nether in minecraft.

Reaction score
    Ever tried going to 100,100,100?

i see ull take at least a few hours

hyperdrives are needed ever seen a scifi movie without em?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The stargate could be frames that allow you to go through to a different stargate.
    You\'d have to press a button like when making a space station it would put one frame there and you\'d have to buy rest from a shop. The larger you\'d make it the faster it would recharge, but also be more vulnerable to attacks. When one frame gets broken the whole thing doesn\'t work so you\'d have to make it somewhere far or hidden or just make it small. Also you could have to add a stargate key module to your ship. Please post more ideas here :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Alternatively, you could go the dimension jumping option and have the gates operate by putting the players into a weird and dangerous alternate reality where the ordinary rules governing physics, including distance and speed, do not apply.