Way to increase FPS?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello, all. When ever I look at a large station or ship, my FPS experiences a sudden drop. It's really annoying.

So, what I was hoping to know is what should I edit/do in order to boost my FPS?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Computer is an Inspirion 660s, Intel graphics card

Reaction score
    "intel graphic Cards" are rarely enough to run any "modern" game.

you may try to decrease a lot your resolution, "max segment(view distance)", disable shadow, procedural background, decrease resolution of block textures....

but the best you could do is buying a better computer

( i have myself an old Gt-220, and it is barely enough to run the game ( landing on a planet is a very bad idea, by example ), and Intel graphic Cards are often worse.... )

PS : looking for Inspirion 660s on the internet, i don't find it is using an intel graphic card....

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    That's because an "Intel graphics card" is actually Intel's integrated graphics. That's where a cpu is designed to do the job of both a cpu and a gpu. Having no dedicated graphics card makes a laptop cheaper for the consumer, but at the cost of performance.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Until fairly recently, I was running a system that had a Geforce 210 in it for graphics, which is not muc better than having no graphics card. I was however able to play many games, including Starmade. Admittedly there were some situations where I was going to have serious FPS problems, and I learned for the most part to avoid those. I would not hang around large stations, I would not go near planets, etc.

Generally the thing to do when one's graphics capabilities are seriously substandard is to reduce 'every' graphics setting the game permits to it's absolute lowest possible level. This most especially includes screen size. Run the game in 800x600, or even 640x480 if the game will let you. That will have a 'massive' impact on your frame rate.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Make your "view distance" to be between 500-1000 chunks. Turn off shadows, turn off space dust, reduce lighting down to 32 from 48 or 64.
    Hope that helps.