Was there a change to factory enhancers/slaving groups?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I just noticed after the last two updates, but I use a large block of factory enhancers, then just slave them to whatever factory I want to use to craft with. After the latest hotfix/update, it seems that there is now a delay of several minutes when I slave the group of enhancers to a new factory before it "catches up" and starts producing items at max. I've flown around and made sure the blocks are loaded, tab F6, etc, but nothing seems to speed up the process.

Just wondering as prior to the update this didnt seem to happen. I could see it as a way to keep people from hot-swapping weapon mods in battle, but a little notification on it would be nice. (Unless I'm totally blind and missed it in the update notes).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    I just started putting together a bit of a factory setup. I put down a capsule refinery, setup a couple of storage boxes for it to draw from and dump to then added a few resources to the draw chest to make sure it was working. It was, at the expected very low rate. Then I added 125 enhancers and looked again. The production was VASTLY increased, and the effect was instantaneous.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    yes, but what I am doing is taking those factory enhancers, then slaving them to a different factory, which causes the delay.

Example: 100 factory enhancers slaved to a capsule refinery to get the increased number of capsules per factory action. Works as intended, get a bunch of capsules and circuits and mesh.

Take bundle of mesh and circuits over to a basic factory (currently with 0 enhancers). Start making power modules. Power modules crafted 1 at a time since the basic factory has nothing slaved to it.

Slave the 100 factory enhancers that WERE slaved to the capsule refinery to the basic factory instead using shift+v on the blob of enhancers. Now the basic factory has 100 factory enhancers slaved to it and the capsule refinery has 0.

Check the basic factory, and for at least a minute or two, production remains at 1 item per cycle, then suddenly jumps to the expected amount.

We're talking minutes here, and nothing seems to effect it, when before the last update the change in slaved factory enhancers would happen NO LATER than the next production cycle of the factory. It seems now that there is a delay if the factory enhancers were slaved to a different factory that was producing items prior to being slaved to a new factory. Since my current setup uses about 10k factory enhancers, I'd rather not have to make that 10k enhancers for EACH type of factory, mostly because of the space that eats up, when I used to be able to just swap those enhancers to wherever I needed them.

If this was an intended change, I would merely like to be notified of it. If it's a bug, I can report it there instead.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    maybe try using advanced build mode's replace filter, while having the desired factory selected with c, replace the factory enhancers with factory enhancers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, could be the use of the shift+v combo somehow. I don't use that many enhancers in my current setup so I just swap enhancers with pressing 'v' to another 'c' targeted factory or capsule refiner, and that works instantly in the current build.
    Btw note that a capsule refinery has a much higher cycle rate then a factory.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Tab f6 is certainly a good way to slow down your game, you force the game to reload every chunk. I'll look into this myself as soon as I am done with dinner.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1423355774,1423353745][/DOUBLEPOST]Tested this out, my factory enhancers switch over instantly from one factory to the other. I set up two factories and after the first tick set I assigned the 99 enhancers to the second factory and stopped both factories after a second tick. Both of them had 101 power modules.

I have seen lag when connecting things before. Perhaps turn off the factories before switching them, don't hit tab f6 and see if that helps.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    it could just be the massive number i have in one group. Thanks for the ideas. Like I said everything worked fine pre-update, but i will go through and make smaller chunks at my new factory location and see if that helps. The server I'm on (dominiongaming.org) has really high resource rates for asteroids and low shop restocks to encourage people to craft in preparation for switching to a largely player-based economy.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    it could just be the massive number i have in one group. Thanks for the ideas. Like I said everything worked fine pre-update, but i will go through and make smaller chunks at my new factory location and see if that helps. The server I'm on (dominiongaming.org) has really high resource rates for asteroids and low shop restocks to encourage people to craft in preparation for switching to a largely player-based economy.
    Exactly how many enhancers do you have linked up? I only tested with 99 as that's what I already had setup and it produces 100 whatever at once.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Exactly how many enhancers do you have linked up? I only tested with 99 as that's what I already had setup and it produces 100 whatever at once.
    Somewhere in the realm of about 50 thousand (that is, if each enhancer increases the product by 1 unit, which i think it does. I can make 50k of any item in one cycle of a factory, hence why i just re-slave them to a new unit when i need something else). It may actually just be lag, but its strange that i didnt experience this issue prior to the update. Like I said tab+F6 doesn't seem to fix it.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Somewhere in the realm of about 50 thousand (that is, if each enhancer increases the product by 1 unit, which i think it does. I can make 50k of any item in one cycle of a factory, hence why i just re-slave them to a new unit when i need something else). It may actually just be lag, but its strange that i didnt experience this issue prior to the update. Like I said tab+F6 doesn't seem to fix it.
    Well there's your problem... changing that many connections is bound to slow down the game. I'm not sure why it was okay before but not now. Also remember, tab f6 is going to slow the game down more. I believe all that does is tell the server to re-send chunks from the server to the client. All block to block interaction should be handled by the server itself so this tab f6 would do nothing.