Bug Was the update supposed to reduce docked thrust?

Reaction score
    Not sure if it was intended because it isnt in the update noted

Does not seem logical, because aside from the gained mass, docking thrusters to a structure applies the full thrust in real life.
    You gain the mass of the mounted system but still.

If you think about it, the eagle rode to the moon on a stack of docked thrusters
    if their thrust got reduced to 25% it have had never made it

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Docked thrust was fixed because in game terms it was silly and OP.
    It avoided the regular thrust curve, here's a thing I made to show how op it was;
    The red line is thrust/block on one ship. The purple line is thrust/block across the selected number of entities. The black line is how much extra thrust you're getting.

Reaction score
    Like Jaas said the previous values were OP.

Lancake said:
    As lecic stated, it used to be more beneficial to use docked thrust modules due to an oversight. Seems that there was a fix attempt, looking at the results that fix needs to be looked at again. Not sure if we'll do a hotfix for this, but it should be fixed for next release (in 2 weeks).
    But the current values for it are bugged. 1 block of docked thrust gives less than the same block on the mother ship, if that makes sense. so once they fix it ships with docked thrusters should be a bit faster but not as fast as they were before this update

Reactions: alterintel

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    yes, it is bugged and will be fixed soon. Some people considered the old docked thrust too OP, and indeed the docked thrust was not working as it was intended. So schema "fixed it" for the latest release. Unfortunately it's still not working quite right. For example one of my ships which is dependent entirely on Docked thrust went from 8K thrust to 300 thrust. Not sure if there will be a hotfix or if it will just be fixed in the next release. Though at this point it's looking more like that later.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3

Please........ fix docked thrust?

I can't work on any of my ships until docked thrust gets ironed out :(