WarpGate sugestion

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    i had an idea that you can make a new type of warp gate that can be build on ships that allow astronauts and small ships threw (to make this non-abusable make a size limit on this gate. i would say max size of 9 hieght+width so any ship larger than 9 high or wide cannot come threw limiting this gate to small fighters or players)
    also to allow you to make ships for easy gate deployment untill u can set up a larger gate or to allow for home base to ship transfer if ur ship is far away
    also add in a dialing device so you can use 1 gate to link to multiple ship gates.
    to compensate for the gate you are dialing not having a power source you can make both gates use power from the first. BUT make it cost more than double the power of a station based gate or jump drive

Reactions: NeonSturm

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    i had an idea that you can make a new type of warp gate that can be build on ships that allow astronauts and small ships threw (to make this non-abusable make a size limit on this gate. i would say max size of 9 hieght+width so any ship larger than 9 high or wide cannot come threw limiting this gate to small fighters or players)
    also to allow you to make ships for easy gate deployment untill u can set up a larger gate or to allow for home base to ship transfer if ur ship is far away
    also add in a dialing device so you can use 1 gate to link to multiple ship gates.
    to compensate for the gate you are dialing not having a power source you can make both gates use power from the first. BUT make it cost more than double the power of a station based gate or jump drive
    Sounds like stargate and we do not want to rip off their ideas.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    simlar to a stargate
    just to allow for better travel and for some RP purposes
    Sounds good... After limited inventory is implemented.

I think StarGates should then also draw power dependent on distance. Basically you could go +10000 sol systems away, but you never get the energy required for this with less resource-investment than building gate-relays to there.

I think a good formula would be "Required Power = gate-radius^3 * distance^2 + x"​

After all you want a possibility to enable rebuild ability of star-gate stuff or not?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think StarGates should then also draw power dependent on distance.
    After all you want a possibility to enable rebuild ability of star-gate stuff or not?
    yes i want to able to rebuild stargate styled ships like seed ships and destiny both of witch had stargates in them
    and in my sugestion i said it should drain power ONLY from the gate dialing this way the other gates dont have to be ugly looking just to get all the power into it
    also like i said before if it is drawing power from gate dialing it will cost 2x the power cost of a normal gate
    mabye even add +1x power requirment per ever aditional 100 sectors

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    so like a extra graphic that shows an active gate that is transmiting?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    so like a extra graphic that shows an active gate that is transmiting?
    Yes.

If you approach a gate and use it, you lose orientation from where you came and this could also show you a general direction to where it goes (so you don't confuse gates leading to sector 000 and gates leading to 99 99 99)

((Originally made this for a suggestion of having virtual transparent objects in space which aids navigation from a point of interest (bubble) through named tunnels to others. Like a web which you can toggle on/off if you have permission to access this guide.))

How about some fractals?
    could you not just post a stargate-video link? :p

Fractals are resource-hungry AFAIK. I thought about Bezier-curves which are rendered as small tunnels.

Should be do-able via shaders if schema provides a default one that we can extend in a mod (you need to know point A and B, radius and orientation at point A and B).
    I don't think it already exists.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Um...
    Have any of you seen Tomino_sama's videos?
    The ones about jump drives and warp gates?
    Warp Gates: Jump Drives 1/2:Jump Drives 2/2: It's in a new dev build.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Um...
    Have any of you seen Tomino_sama's videos?
    The ones about jump drives and warp gates?
    Warp Gates: Jump Drives 1/2:Jump Drives 2/2: It's in a new dev build.
    i was making a sugestion for the features already in the dev build

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think having a warpgate for astronauts would be a good idea. It would provide a convenience that would allow for a new dimension in the game. I would just leave out the dialing device. Just have the gate one-way like a warpgate to keep it simple. You could have planet-based facilities or space stations to act as gate hubs for pedestrians.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think having a warpgate for astronauts would be a good idea. It would provide a convenience that would allow for a new dimension in the game. I would just leave out the dialing device. Just have the gate one-way like a warpgate to keep it simple. You could have planet-based facilities or space stations to act as gate hubs for pedestrians.
    bro the thread died ages ago
    dont necro it lol its useless