Bug Warp Gates

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I did a search and I only found one mention of this in the forums so I decided to report it as a bug. It's commonly known by anyone who uses smaller gates for astronauts. First off, the current system works just fine for ships. It would be nice to be able to customize exit location for them, but that's not strictly necessary.

HOWEVER. When you go through a gate in astronaut mode, you get teleported anywhere from 100-500 meters away from the station you're teleporting to, floating out in space. For me and every single person I've talked to, this ruins immersion completely. If we can't get you to teleport our astronauts so that they are next to the gate on the other side, perhaps you could teleport us to the marked block on the station. I've noticed you can mark the station from any block and don't need to mark the computer. This could be useful for warpgates. If you mark a specific block, the marker could store the coordinates of that block as well and when you come out, you'd be adjacent to, or on top of that block.

It could also disable you from warping again for 10 seconds so you don't accidentally get warped into the exit gate and get stuck in a loop. I know this is possible because it's how plexundeathinators work. Please make it so! I need my arena station to work properly.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    This is kind of intended, so don't expect a fix anytime soon. You are not teleported to a gate/station, but a sector. Spawning your station in the sector center should work around this issue.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Firstly, if this is 'intended' (an astronaut being spit half a kilometer from the exit gate through walls and into space without a helmet is intended? Really?) then it needs to be rethunk.

Secondly, it does spit you out near the center, sometimes. The exceptions are when you build your station to cover that exit point (in which case the point moves another 100 meters away, or when it feels like spitting you out in a random location 500 meters further than normal.

Cmon, it can't be that difficult of a fix. You've done it for plexundeathinators. I can't understand why this is any different.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Firstly, if this is 'intended' (an astronaut being spit half a kilometer from the exit gate through walls and into space without a helmet is intended? Really?) then it needs to be rethunk.

Secondly, it does spit you out near the center, sometimes. The exceptions are when you build your station to cover that exit point (in which case the point moves another 100 meters away, or when it feels like spitting you out in a random location 500 meters further than normal.

Cmon, it can't be that difficult of a fix. You've done it for plexundeathinators. I can't understand why this is any different.
    The warp gates use a anti collision system (imagine your ship ending up inside a station after warping, now that is not intended). Most likely the astronauts use the same system so you end up outside any entity's boundary box.
    The fix shouldn't be too hard I think. Keep in mind that there are around 200 known bugs in queue to be fixed, so yeah, don't expect this "issue" to be fixed soon.

Make a bug report here: http://bugs.star-made.org/projects/starmade-game/issues/new and we'll check it.