Warp Gates? Worm Holes :-)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What? Don\'t look at me like that! You know would drop off Bobby Mine Fields to kill defenseless enemy faction ships... wouldn\'t you?

Reaction score
    there is no fixed location of the exit hole i think it should be 500*500*500 cube and it tries to avoid objects within, so unless you plan to place mines across whole sectors there is a pretty low chance to run into mines. and this would also prevent a giant fleet appear at your base battle ready

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don\'t care about where they Exit. I would fly a drop ship into the Warp, release 8-12 bobby hunter killer suicide drones and leave the warp. When those who I do not like enter the warp, the Bobby units will notice a enemy, turn, fire up their thrusters and work like improved KB missiles.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So two methods?

Nether-like warp and stargate-like tp?

warp allows you free travel while the tp demands preset origin and destination with a device placed on both ends? Awesome idea.

And finally I would just like to express my wish to have this all wrapped up in a visual effect that will make my head explode with delight.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If it is a place no one can see each other, why bother making it and not make it an instant relocation?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would it be needed to limit such a system to only able to jump to another System within a 3x3x3 area?

Reaction score
    I Agree With Alot Of The Things I Read In This post. i Think Theres Should Be Some Faster Way TO Travel. I Was Thinking Instead of having A Single Block To Use For A FTL Drive Make It A Multiblock Structure The Bigger The Structure The Faster The Speed Factor

Example

3*3*3 = Speed Factor Of 1

4*4*4 Spped Factor Of 1.5

So Thats my Idea

The Speed Factors Can Keep Going Up

Reaction score
    No Its Just a Idea To Do With Jump Gates Warp Gates Whatever Theyre Called

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please stop capitalizing every word it makes it annoying to read. My idea I have here is not a simple one block FTL drive.. Are you talking about the Celestial Coordinator block? Maybe I wasn\'t clear, when you are using the Gateway blocks you have to set up an array (many blocks of the same type that are connected) of gateway blocks to send ships through.

Reaction score
    Yes i know that and the FTL drive would not be a one block it would be a multiblock. Since you read my post yesterday it says for the nuclear and the warp/FTL whatever i made it that theyre multiblock. To use a warp gate you would need a pretty big source of power since your prettymuch ripping a hole in subspace to travel almost instaneous.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, I listed that in my topic. The rifts would have to be powered by a station.

Reaction score
    I am all for giant gate structures that are world gen and built by players for a couple billion credits. much better than the idea of a warp dimension where you could come out of warp inside a sun or a planet accidentally.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The more I think about it the more I dislike the idea of being able to simply buying the items.. What do others think about you being able to find partially contructed gates on abandined stations but only partially there for small crafts to jump being there while at pirate stations, there is a chance that a full on gate already exists for ships around 150 mass?

mou

Reaction score
    about teleportation itself you have a command for that , and it works but ship can get stucks but remmemeber ships never get stuck when buying a ship from catalog that means schema have functions to avoid that

plus if it happends with a gate you can do stuff that kill ships that goes at the back of the gate (with effect to show the death line) then ship can correctly spawn and get out the gate with no collisions

mou

Reaction score
    you obvioulsy don\'t have one to say its impossible to teleport a ship without errors in a game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The plan as described in the first post will allow players to reach far away sectors in an instant without the requirement to first get there a first time using traditional travel.

The remote sector should be reached using the effort of traveling a long time, upon reaching the destination sector, a device can be build to create an instant travel method.

The extra effort adds to the value of having a warpgate to this sector and prevents anyone from just simply dailing into your remote location.

The cost of such a device is a completely different discussion.