Warp Gates Won't Connect

Reaction score
    Should I get an error if Warp Gates are too far apart? I have not had any luck getting my Warp Gates to connect properly. I just built a new pair about 5 solar systems apart and I can't seem to make them connect.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    128 sectors or 8 systems is the default max range, and that's if you go a strait line. That said it sounds like the server you are on might have lowered the range or they are further apart than you think. Found this site useful for calculating the real distance between two sectors: 3D Distance Calculator just put in the two gates' coords and as long as the number it spits out is between -128 and +128 you should be fine. Basically between whatever the server distance is and it's negative.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Should I get an error if Warp Gates are too far apart? I have not had any luck getting my Warp Gates to connect properly. I just built a new pair about 5 solar systems apart and I can't seem to make them connect.
    If you still have trouble message me the server address and what version of starmade its running and I'll help you out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you using vanilla settings?

If you want I can meet you on the official test server? You'll need to get the latest dev version then join. You don't have to mess with your original install just place a copy of the starmade launcher into an empty folder then run it and set it to install latest dev version. When you have that all set just message me here and we can set a time to meet on the server .

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    While that way is easier to save on sanity I just go into the Options Menu under Installation Settings and append Dev/ to the directory and change the build to Dev. :) Than when I want to change back just undo those changes. :)