Planned Warp Gates toggle on/off

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Hello, I wonder if it is possible that future updates the Warpgates can be turned on and off at will, using logic blocks, this could solve space problems and can put more than one in the same structure warpgate, that can solve too the problem w warpgates "all-time-ON", you can link your warpgate to your alies.. but anyone can pass on... if you want use one of your warpgates.. just turn ON for a bit time and then turn OFF, i hope you know what i mean.. sorry my bad english

Reactions: kiraen and Dimu5
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Has been suggested already, I don't know if planned, hence 'recognized by council' for the moment.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I really hope this can be possible ... i dream on build a "station travel outpost" that can allow (for example Admins) link diferent sides of the galaxy at one point... for example... "if you are new, please, activate the 2º warpgate pressing this button... " or "if you want join the survive event, activate the 4º warpgate"... some ideas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I like. I wonder if someone will use this to make a fully functional stargate (Dial in an address, spinning ring and all that.)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, I like. I wonder if someone will use this to make a fully functional stargate (Dial in an address, spinning ring and all that.)
    Yes, those are my hidden intentions :) ... build a real StarGate system

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Execellent. Now to figure out how to build the stargate.

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    How about making it so when you go through one gate you appear through the connected one instead of somewhere on the other side of the sector?
    That would be cool (ie CLOSE THE IRIS NOW! THEY'RE COMING THROUGH!)

Reaction score
    Perhaps another idea could be that the gate network that you would use could deposit you at YOUR nearest gate, and not someone else if you have not found it, as in if you didn't know it was there how would you get there safely. And as for the way of setting up how to "load" the coordinates, use a simple drop down menu that has the names of locations, why make it harder then it has to be, if you want it to "Dial" i'm sure with enough logic you can make that happen somehow, now as for the gate itself, for the broadcasting of its "i'm ready" needs to go, perhaps have an attached light red/green or whatever, but a flashing message is just lazy on someones part, not that we don't like them for their efforts.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I jet do anything like a iris... but the lag in the server make a strange effect on it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I know this is an aging topic now and it's marked as planned already, but I don't know exactly what they're planning and I have a thought on this. The OPs idea of building several gate loops and turning them on/off seems a bit superfluous when really all you need to do is turn the gate computers on/off. Imagine a single gate loop with several warp gate computers for different destinations. You then connect each gate computer to an activation module and the activation module to the gate loop. Whenever a particular module is activated it connects that computer to the loop and all other computers are disconnected. Simply press the button for the destination you want to connect to and badaboom! Whenever you want to add a new destination you need only build a new computer and a new logic block and not a whole new gate.