Warp Gate Power Requirements for ship travel.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ok, i have searched everywhere, and have yet to find the answer. what are the calculation of power usage when a ship goes thru the warp gate? i know it cost 100 e/s per 1 mass but what about when a ship tries to go through?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive

Looks like a constant 100 power/sec per gate block, and then 100*Mass of the ship trying to go through.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Warpgates draw power in two ways, idle and jump
    When a gate is idling, aka no ship is jumping thru, it will draw 100 e/s per warp gate block.
    When a ship tries to use the gate, it will try to draw an amount relative to the ships mass, ship mass x 100.
    So lets say a 5000 mass ship tries to use the gate, upon trying to warp the ship, the gate will try to draw 500000 (5000x100) energy, should the gates power capacitors not hold at least that amount of power, the warp will fail, otherwise the energy gets drawn and the ship jumps.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    TY, i knew i could find an answer here. So if i get this right; if i have a a ships who's mass is 324632, it would take 32463200 power to send it on its way. Or if I store 120 mil of power in capacitors, i can send a ship up to 1.2 mil in mass. Is that right?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    TY, i knew i could find an answer here. So if i get this right; if i have a a ships who's mass is 324632, it would take 32463200 power to send it on its way. Or if I store 120 mil of power in capacitors, i can send a ship up to 1.2 mil in mass. Is that right?
    Thats correct.