Warp Gate Issues

Reaction score
    Hello there.

I have a warp gate on a planet surface for testing, (I do have a reason to have a planet based warp gate, just assume its logical. No, the test gate is not what I want the final thing to be, its just for testing this issue ) and another gate off in another sector. When I mark the planet's warp gate and then go to select the warp gate off in another sector, no matter what I try, it always marks the planet as the destination, which I am clearly not clicking on, nor even remotely close to.

Is this a bug or am I out of luck?

Also, if I start with completely fresh warp gate computers in both gates, but mark the gate NOT on a planet first, then try to mark the planet as the destination, the gate out in space gets marked as destination, so I'm quite confused. I am also using the proper mouse clicks, just an fyi. No warp gate will mark properly unless the second gate is not on a planet.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Hmmmm. From your description, I'm not able to tell the exact order of events. Can you label them out line by line.

1) Go to warp gate in sector 1
    2) mark sector 1
    3) got to warp gate sector
    Etc

That should help a lot.

Reaction score
    Hmmmm. From your description, I'm not able to tell the exact order of events. Can you label them out line by line.

1) Go to warp gate in sector 1
    2) mark sector 1
    3) got to warp gate sector
    Etc

That should help a lot.
    1. Marking the gate on the planet that I want to be the one-way only gate. (Planet Varuna) "Marked Planet Varuna" (Doesnt have to functionally be a one way, just that's how it will be used)
    2. Leaving that sector to go to destination sector.
    3. Find destination gate, attempt to mark it as destination.
    4. When marking the destination gate (Say, name it "Station Exit" for example), it marks the planet (Varuna) as the destination. "Set Planet Varuna As Destination".

Pretty much any gate on the planet refuses to link to any other gate, and only accepts the planet it is on as a destination, no matter what gate in X sector I try to set the destination to. The destination gate is not on a planet, btw.

Thanks for helping as well.

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    So you want the planet to be the destination? I might need to test this myself.

Reaction score
    So you want the planet to be the destination? I might need to test this myself.
    No, the planet is the departing gate and the destination is a gate in space. Sorry if my wording is poor, stressful week at work :p .

Just no matter what I try, the gate on the planet refuses to link to any other gate. Whenever I fly into space (another sector) and try to mark a gate there as destination, I get a "Marked Planet "x" as destination", which is definitely not what I'm trying to achieve. I want the gate on the planet to serve as a one-way escape route to a distant outpost.

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    No, the planet is the departing gate and the destination is a gate in space. Sorry if my wording is poor, stressful week at work :p
    No I just wanted to check. I've had that work before so I 'm wondering was going.

Reaction score
    No I just wanted to check. I've had that work before so I 'm wondering was going.
    The idea is to have the gate in an underground base on a planet (super secret! oooo ) and with a small dock and a teeny ship, which in case of an emergency, you can get in this small ship and fly through a tunnel (with the gate in it) and warp away from the inside of the planet to one of my faction's outposts in space. I've built the tunnel structure and everything else needed, minus the gate. I've been using a test gate on the surface of the planet to just test to make sure I can warp away from a planet before doing any more work :/