warp gate explodes during construction?

Reaction score
    this has happened 4 or 5 times now. ill have the 2d loop built and ill be in the process of adding enough power reactors to satisfy the power requirements of the gate. then for no reason the whole gate will explode. the only gate ive been able to build without this happening was a small one, like a simple 6x10 square. if I try to make one bigger, like 15x15, it blows up in my face while im placing power reactors.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    are you sure you were placing power reactors..and not disintegrator explosives? :P
    this is the first time i hear about warpgates exploding

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    are you building with a pirate alpha station in close proximity? some master builders and the other guy found it funny to add a pretty strong nuke to it

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    hmm that's interesting lol. i have never experienced this, but i think it would be cool if the warp gate got too much power it overloads or something. if you are playing with collision damage - it can easily break your gate. other than that i don't know xD

Reaction score
    Missiles don't show up if they're from another sector, that could be it. Still doesn't sound like it really, though. Strange.

Reaction score
    thanks for the replies guys. I found there is a beta station not far and another one called "prate 2488" (that's really how its spelled) that I think a player made to be insanely overpowered. I don't know how explosives can do that much though, I once built a ship with a long stick and 1000 warheads in a 10x10x10 box and rammed it into pirate station beta and there wasn't a scratch on the station.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    thanks for the replies guys. I found there is a beta station not far and another one called "prate 2488" (that's really how its spelled) that I think a player made to be insanely overpowered. I don't know how explosives can do that much though, I once built a ship with a long stick and 1000 warheads in a 10x10x10 box and rammed it into pirate station beta and there wasn't a scratch on the station.
    I know there is a station that fires dumb rockets, it's probably beta and they would be a menace if you are trying to build a station nearby.