warp Gate Change

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am not sure this has been suggested yet but here is my idea :

Warp Gates Link Like Transporters [ Faction Only Gates ] [ Public Gates ]

This would also allow gates to connect to multiple gates at once as long as they are in range of each other, kinda like transporters do, so in essence this would be like a Stargate network linking multiple gates to each other for full on trade, Military uses, and so on and so forth. something schema gave me the idea for with tranporters.

Let me know what you guys think.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    If you really wanted to go the full stargate route you could go with a binary frequency that people would have to tap into or dial in order to use the gate. Maybe linking some activation blocks to the warpgate computer to establish the frequency might work. A dialing device could simply be a wireless block sending out the right combination of on and off signals from some logic system while the receiver could simply be another wireless block checking for things sending that code on the same frequency.

Your idea is interesting but it would need people to get out of their ship to change the target of the warpgate. Good idea though. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you really wanted to go the full stargate route you could go with a binary frequency that people would have to tap into or dial in order to use the gate. Maybe linking some activation blocks to the warpgate computer to establish the frequency might work. A dialing device could simply be a wireless block sending out the right combination of on and off signals from some logic system while the receiver could simply be another wireless block checking for things sending that code on the same frequency.

Your idea is interesting but it would need people to get out of their ship to change the target of the warpgate. Good idea though. :)
    i was thinking a wireless block for the ship and gate

Reactions: PizzaPress
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dial Home Device!
    Want.

Perhaps the same block functions differently to save an ID? Although that'd break consistency.
    it'd be better to operate them as two blocks since the transporter has 2 also, and thats almost the basis of my ideal

Reaction score
    This would be a good change for the warp gates. It has been bugging me since they came out that there is no easy way to change the destination.
    I would like to have a hand held remote as well as a block for use in ships to dial a destination address. It should be able to save addresses with a name so you don't have to remember the addresses though.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This would be a good change for the warp gates. It has been bugging me since they came out that there is no easy way to change the destination.
    I would like to have a hand held remote as well as a block for use in ships to dial a destination address. It should be able to save addresses with a name so you don't have to remember the addresses though.
    We really need a way to just have jump coordinates locally. Transmit to the warpgate coordinates and go. This gets rid of the tedium, and introduces lots of fun things. Like warping to your secret base because only you have the coordinates.

Also makes gates more of a target to take.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Did you repeat my suggestion, basically?
    i didn't know you posted a similar suggestion, if i did sorry, i was only posting my idea and possible change to the existing system.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1453504596,1453504550][/DOUBLEPOST]
    We really need a way to just have jump coordinates locally. Transmit to the warpgate coordinates and go. This gets rid of the tedium, and introduces lots of fun things. Like warping to your secret base because only you have the coordinates.

Also makes gates more of a target to take.
    Agreed on that subject, gates are kinda unimportant targets in faction wars.