WARNIG: Object in move command: null has not been found + AdminMessage: Path calculation failed: Cal

Reaction score
    http://i.imgur.com/iLKKcib.png

Game version: Latest :p

Predictable state of the game: yes

Reproducable: the bottom left error message was fixed after a server restart (was necessary to stop it from spaming) but the top right one is present as a constant red box, always there. (and that is fucking annoying)

Multiplayer server.

It does not seem to be related to any sector, its just always there, anytime of the day, any amount of people online, at some point all the ai characters were removed (only about 5 in one location); did not fix it!

Having some sort of information other then: "Path calculation failed" that has some more information in it should allow us to at least try and fix it, but this message is just pointless and annoying

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Some entity got unloaded while another one was connected to/working with it. (May come from NPCs being experimental.)

Top right one, about \"path calculation failed\":
    This happens when someone sends an NPC to a location it cant reach within 5 second path calculation.
    This is most likely a player sending an npc behind a wall, or maybe closed a door while npc in follow mode.

The only sure fact to stop this is:
    It can only be triggered while a sector is loaded.
    When it stops, the player misguiding his NPC logged off and the sector got unloaded.
    In case you ALWAYS see it and can never be online without it being spammed,
    its most likely your npc that got stuck.
    Let all players tell their NPCs to \'idle\' then it will stop when the \'stuck\' npc gets the command to idle.

- Andy

Reaction score
    like i said, i removed ALL npc\'s from the universe at some point, i don\'t have any npc\'s myself (+ i use several accounts and i get the message on both of them). it happens regardless of which sectors are loaded and is always happening.

Relying on players doing something to fix bugs is a inneffective thing to suggest, since most will not listen/not care/not know enough about the game, even if they do get the message. Its hard enough to not have people crashing into planets already.

This message pops up 24 hours a day, and i\'m fairly sure its causing considerable performance issues.

Is there any way to disable this annoying message, or preferably the character ai?

EDIT: (also if you didn\'t realize already, its always there, the top right corner of the screen is always flashing red)