Warhammer 40k Union (With server)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this could make a great RP server, maybe with preset faction for people to join, or they can make their own breakaway merc corp or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I followed your tip of that Enjin site and I made a profile. This will be the main gathering place for all races of the 40k universe and also the main page of the 40k server (for now). You can check it out here:

http://sm40k.enjin.com/

For players to be whitelisted they will also have to introduce themselves in the forum first. I\'m now checking the features and possibilities of Enjin. Its forum shall also be used to decide a few things (Where each race\'s homeworld will be placed, for example). Those who are interested in giving ideas for the server or the faction from now on will have to go to the forum. I\'ll keep you informed.

Reaction score
    I would LOVE to participate, but can only do so if there are size restrictions as my computers can\'t handle ships of that ridiculous size. 1:8 wold be my preference.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hi Kej,

I\'m not sure about the proportions yet. What do you think of just putting a size limit without telling people in what proportion they should build? If you\'ve got reasons to support your point go to this thread where the rules are being talked about.

Reaction score
    We currently have a forum open with more detailed discussions and chat room set up, and it also contains some of the general plans and information that the server will be heading towards, check out http://sm40k.enjin.com/

Reaction score
    Also, from what I\'ve been reading on the link you posted Neon, I think you could fit in, we are trying to go for a good balance between RP, PVP and events

Reaction score
    My phone won\'t let me post on the enjin site.

My only issue with placing nothing more than a max size limit is that people will build nothing but ships at that limit. It will hinder the feel of the 40k fleets. Battleships were rare because of their probibitive costs and manpower requirement. This game does not mimic monetary difficulties, or manpower difficulties well thanks to the one man running a titan issue.

I think at least one thing needs to happen in order to make smaller ships more appealing: shields should be limited to a percentage of ship\'s mass to give small ships a chance at actually inflicting damage to a larger vessel.

Big ships should fear adequately armed small vessels and limiting shields is the only way to make that happen.

if somone wants to pilot a battleship or cruiser they should have to have multiple people crewing it to arm things such as broadside cannons. Pioliting a big ship should be rewarding but it should also be more intensive.

Just my 2c.

Reaction score
    Oh..and I will be making my ork fleet if this gets underway. I have been looking for some motivation to start them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh man, I can\'t wait to see your Ork fleet get pwned by... I mean go up against my Necron fleet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Sure you can also have Horus as a melee weapon and a battlebarge as a ranged weapon attached to your wrist!

Reaction score
    I see many 1000+ long ships with dozens of turrets in your future. It\'d be a shame if clashes between titans would become a lagfest.

Maybe the new update will help -if it ever arrives.

Reaction score
    A balancing system for smaller ships and all that stuff is already being worked on, you really should find a way to check the enjin :P

Reaction score
    Preparations are well underway, hope to see a lot of you on soon when we go live.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just go to www.sm40k.enjin.com and look at the top left menu if you want to join the server.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    still online...

currently creating a 100^3 (50 around 0 0 0) star map ship.